AVIC411.com

Is it broken? Subwoofer humm

Yesterday I was simply moving my amp to a hidden location in my 350z. The only wire I actually relocated was the amp ground to a different hole. Before yesterday I never had any problem what soever. When I first hooked everything back up the amp ground wasnt good and as soon as I turned the car on the subwoofer would go off by itself to no particular beat. I took the ground out shaved down the spot and reconnected it and that was gone. Now as soon as I turn my car on or even just the key, whether the radio is on or off the subwoofer lets out a very low hum and as soon as I turn the car off it makes a little "pop" and then stops. My friend said to try to ground one of the rcas and see if it stops and I did..and he said if thats the case its probably a bad ground loop IN the headunit..is this true or can something else of gone bad?(speaker and box are brand new and ive hooked up a million stereos so I know I did that right minus the shitty ground connection when I moved the ground wire)

obviously if the only thing you moved was the ground for the amp then its that. try moving it to the old location or a location you know for a fact is a good ground. make sure you sand it really well too. also if you havent done the big 3 i suggest it for grounds.

What happened is that when you regrounded your amp you didnt have it grounded well at first so the amp will start looking for a good ground. It found its next ground through the rcas to the head unit. Pioneer puts little microfuses inside the amp that blow if the amp starts looking for a ground it will protect the head unit. You need to send your unit in and pioneer will fix the microfuse. When you get the unit back make sure you ground ur rcas so if the amp does get a bad ground and goes through the rcas it goes through the ground instead of the head unit so grounding ur rcas does help.