AVIC411.com

correct me if im wrong but wouldnt it be the same if you ran off one of your amp ground points a 12 gauge wire to the RCAs on the amp and wrapped it around them. would this be the same as grounding them behind the unit? i dont have alot of room behind my D3 and would rather do this. im just double checking so i dont fry my RCAs like last time.

Do you really want me to quote your own post? In the last line you said "im just double checking so i dont fry my RCAs like last time."

Since the ground on the RCA should really only be carrying ground for the Audio signal, I don't see a pertinent reason to ground the shield of the RCAs to the chassis of the unit.

If you feel like doing what you asked, by all means, go ahead.

i just saw i put that but it wasnt the actual RCAs it was the harness to my unit that melted. :oops:

well could the micro fuse in the unit be the problem for the alternator whine and what not? my unit is already sent out after the RCAs got fuked.

i see where your coming from with the audio signal but as soon i get my unit back ill try without the grounding and see how it works.

The whine could come from a number of places.. Bad ground in the harness, bad ground on your amp, an accessory connected to the system that also..has a bad ground.

Typically what I do is ground all of the amps to one spot, and ground everything else in the system to the same ground wire the radio uses. (Other things being: XM Radio, Bluetooth adapter)

the 2 amps i have are grounded off 2 identical rear seat bolts that are just on different side of the car and i have never had a problem, and i have a line driver in the middle which is hooked up to one of my amps for power and switch. the headunit grounds i havent had problems with until now, im guessing it was the unit and ill wait for when i get it back to make that assesment