AVIC411.com

Changing Button and Menu colors

if anyone wanted to attempt the new LED mod, just 2 little tips.

1. screen has to be open by the way::

when you remove the 4 tiny screws around the bezel and lift it, there will be a ribbon that gets disconnected between the keyboard and the circuit board inside the unit.....and the plug gets inserted INSIDE the unit. DO NOT quickly lift that bezel as you dont want to rip the ribbon off the keyboard. do it slowly. and when that ribbon pops out of its clasp, youre going to have to then remove some more screws to lift the screen just enough to manuever tha rbbon back into the clasp and close it. i recommend this be a 2 person job, one person to hold the screen up while manuevering the ribbon, the other to close the clasp as necessary.

im only giving this tip ahead of time because i was not aware of the ribbon and i panicked...alot.

2. anyways after that, the keyboard can be wiggled out of place. be sure to write the buttons in order on paper and each one is a seprate piece that falls out when the keyboard is removed. sperate the black trim from the circui board and squint your eyes to see the LED's :lol:

This is very helpful. Any idea on the theme of the Z2? Is there a way to change the button colors, menus, etc on the screen?

from what ive read in the past, the menu colors cant be changed. the best you can do to lessen that amount of blue would be make a matching wallpaper to your interior lights color and Hide AV so the only blue you see is the blue buttons and info bar. or drive with the map up.