AVIC411.com

Motorola Q9C Phonebook Sharing

I have the same phone and AVIC unit, hoonu. I was finally able to transfer my contacts by manually disconnecting the phone (on the "phone settings" screen), then I transferred each one manually from the Q9C via Bluetooth (Contacts-->choose a contact-->Menu-->"send via Bluetooth"). After doing this, manually reconnect your phone on the F90BT then go through the contact transfer steps again - it will magically load them into the F90 at that time. (I know; makes no sense to have to disconnect your phone in order to transfer the contacts, but that's the only way I could get it to work.) Don't get real excited when your contacts do appear in the F90, however, as some of mine don't appear under the right person. Plus, you can't even tell which number is which (office v. cell; etc.) when you have more than one number assigned to one contact as all the stupid silhouettes look the same. (Why can't they just say "Office" or "Cell" instead of having the same generic-looking picture for each one?? This is technological progress??)

I too am experiencing the loss of music when I hang up from a call; only way I can get it back (without rebooting the whole system) is to (once again) manually disconnect/reconnect the phone. In addition, there's no "incoming call" screen that appears on my F90, so I have to reach for my phone to answer an incoming call.

All of these phone/Bluetooth shortcomings in the F90 are very disappointing. See the topic I just started in this forum about how to contact Parrot direct about this.

i have the same P.O.S phone so im glad im not the only one loosing music when i end phone calls.. there has to be a way to fix this.. i miss sim cards. do you guys also have issues with the touchscreen?

Yep, that too...dial pad comes up on the F90, and I can enter phone numbers on it, but nothing happens when I punch the green dial symbol. In addition to contacting Parrot direct, I've also emailed Pioneer support about all these phone issues.

Are any of you guys running the Windows Mobile 6.1 update? I just read about it on the EverythingQ forums and I'm going to give it a try once my battery is fully charged (req. for the update to run).

I am - updated my Q9C to 6.1 within days of when the update was released.

Are any of you guys running the Windows Mobile 6.1 update? I just read about it on the EverythingQ forums and I'm going to give it a try once my battery is fully charged (req. for the update to run).

I am - updated my Q9C to 6.1 within days of when the update was released.

Damn... well thanks for the info. Maybe I should warranty this thing out and get a Samsung Ace from Sprint. I might have to try it out before hand tho unless there are some reports back on that model of phone. Some guys in my office have one so I might be able to test it on my own.

Let me know if you find a Sprint phone that works with the F90BT. I'm very disappointed that my Q9c won't work with it. Odd thing is, I've used it with the Parrot CK3100 handsfree kit and it worked perfectly...which tells me Pioneer screwed up the implementation of the Parrot chip in the F90.

Hey, I work for a cell phone retailer, and I get to try LOTS of smartphones out, and even so with my D3 I had befor I got the 900BT, a lot of them would have some problems with pioneers product. But, I installed JetWare from jetwaremobile.com on all the phones, and it rededicates the bluetooth functionality of the phone and I haven't ever had a problem since then. I strongly suggest ya'll try it, and its free for 30 days.

Hey, I work for a cell phone retailer, and I get to try LOTS of smartphones out, and even so with my D3 I had befor I got the 900BT, a lot of them would have some problems with pioneers product. But, I installed JetWare from jetwaremobile.com on all the phones, and it rededicates the bluetooth functionality of the phone and I haven't ever had a problem since then. I strongly suggest ya'll try it, and its free for 30 days.

Plus Jetware doesn't work on this Windows Mobile Smartphone.

• 2 months later...