AVIC411.com

Pairing the AVIC-F Series with Motorola Q9C on Sprint

After much frustration, trial and error, I think I finally found success!! I went through the pairing process on my F90BT using "Select a Specfic Device", and lo and behold the top selection, "Samsung A9xx", on the second page of devices works with the Q9C!! Pair it using this option, then just be patient - eventually you'll see another screen pop up on your phone that the Pioneer Navi is attempting to access the PIM synchronization feature of your Q9C - allow it do so. Then, be patient some more and you'll see the headset icon appear at the top of the Q9C - once you see that, then go through the phonebook transfer process and it will automatically load all your contacts! It appears some numbers are under the wrong contact name in mine, but I'll be ecstatic if I can just make and receive calls using this thing! So far so good on that issue - now I get the dial screen, and music comes back when I hang up a call. Haven't tried an incoming call yet, but this is worlds better than before.

After much frustration, trial and error, I think I finally found success!! I went through the pairing process on my F90BT using "Select a Specfic Device", and lo and behold the top selection, "Samsung A9xx", on the second page of devices works with the Q9C!! Pair it using this option, then just be patient - eventually you'll see another screen pop up on your phone that the Pioneer Navi is attempting to access the PIM synchroniztion feature of your Q9C - allow it do so. Then, be patient some more and you'll see the headset icon appear at the top of the Q9C - once you see that, then go through the phonebook transfer process and it will automatically load all your contacts! It appears some numbers are under the wrong contact name in mine, but I'll be ecstatic if I can just make and receive calls using this thing! So far so good on that issue - now I get the dial screen, and music comes back when I hang up a call. Haven't tried an incoming call yet, but this is worlds better than before.

I can confirm this works. Thanks again for taking the time to find some sort of a work around. Now only if I can sort through the multiple names. Not a big deal tho. At least the unit is somewhat usable now.

• 2 months later...

I'm glad you got further than I did with the Q9C. I was able to pair, but was not able to upload my contacts. Further more, when on a call via bluetooth, I kept hearing noise (possibly electrical). It was a problem I heard on the handset itself prior owning the F900BT, but when hearing through my speakers of my car, the noise was annoying. I ended up with the Sprint Mogul which I had laying around.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

just wanted to say thanks to the OP for sharing this. I installed a new F700BT in my xB yesterday and using the Samsung A9XX as the device in the connection screen, got it to pair with my Sprint Moto Q9c flawlessly. phone book transferred perfectly, very pleased with the voice dialing and the call quality on both ends. thanks for the tip!