AVIC411.com

AVIC-N1 Bypass not working??

I followed amp3d bypass instructions precisely ([url=http://www.eatmorepork.ca/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=5]http://www.eatmorepork.ca/modules.php?n ... wtopic&p=5[/url]). Unfortunately, after the bypass I upgraded the software and for some reason I can work with any of the GPS functions while driving, but not the DVD playback. I can start up the DVD, but once it's playing it keeps popping up a message window saying that video playback in the front seat is strictly prohibited. I'm positive that I soldered the wire correctly and even with very low heat (15W) to avoid burning anything out. I also have the parking brake wire grounded. What could I be doing wrong?

I'm contemplating downgrading back to the 40 version of the software, but i would really like to keep the new software so that i can use the updated maps.

Any help/suggestions/anything would be greatly appreciated!

- Pablo
hmm, strange.

Are you saying that you can watch a movie ok when driving or no?

There was someone else on the forums that thought they had soldered it right and though it was messed up and then they did realize they had made a mistake.

Can you post us a close up picture of the solder job? It kinda seems like it may not be modded properly...
Hey man,

Thanks again for your help. Yesterday I decided to take the head unit apart again to see if maybe I messed up the soldering. Turns out, one of the points broke off after I reassembled it.

Apparently, I didnt give it enough heat to truly melt the lower point. I resoldered both points and wiggled the wire to make sure it wouldn't come loose again and double checked to make sure none of the exposed areas of the wire touched any other points on the PCB.

I reassembled everything and sure enough, everything is working perfectly! I no longer get the warning screen about the parking break lead being connected incorrectly and am able to watch DVD plus operate the GPS functions at any speed.

Thanks again for your tutorial. It was a lot of help and it's a great mod. Now I don't feel like I'm missing out when new updated map data is released.