AVIC411.com

Hd1bt upgrade and questions

hi all.

just joined up here and looking for some advice.

ive just ordered a hd1bt nav unit, i think this is the euro version of the z1

anyways i was wondering if there are any guides and images for upgrading these the same as the usa versions.

my next question is video out put. i know the unit is dual zone but i was wondering if i could output the nav to a 2nd screen and have my av source displayed on my avic screen.

in my current car the double din slot sits to low and its hard to see when driving so i want to put nav up on a higher munted screen

cheers

hi all.

just joined up here and looking for some advice.

ive just ordered a hd1bt nav unit, i think this is the euro version of the z1

anyways i was wondering if there are any guides and images for upgrading these the same as the usa versions.

my next question is video out put. i know the unit is dual zone but i was wondering if i could output the nav to a 2nd screen and have my av source displayed on my avic screen.

in my current car the double din slot sits to low and its hard to see when driving so i want to put nav up on a higher munted screen

cheers

There's obviously a number of differences between the Z1 and the HD1BT, as discussed before in this forum. The radiotuner part is completely different, the HD1BT has a different frequency grid and RDS. In addition, obviously, the map database is different. Finaly, also the DVD region code is different...

There's also at least some differences in the firmware, as you can bypass the European units by simply connecting the handbrake input to ground ( and no additional messing around).

So in short, you cannot use the Z1/Z3 software images on the HD1/HD3 !

There's obviously a number of differences between the Z1 and the HD1BT, as discussed before in this forum. The radiotuner part is completely different, the HD1BT has a different frequency grid and RDS. In addition, obviously, the map database is different. Finaly, also the DVD region code is different...

There's also at least some differences in the firmware, as you can bypass the European units by simply connecting the handbrake input to ground ( and no additional messing around).

So in short, you cannot use the Z1/Z3 software images on the HD1/HD3 !

I stand corrected...

thats not what i asked.

what i wanted to know is, are the uk images avalible and is the upgrade process the same as the z3

I would think the process would be the same... I hadn't seen the Euro images posted here.

http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/content/sup ... tware.html

• 8 months later...

I have sucessfully updated a HD1BT to HD3-II HD3-2 firmware software. I bought a HD3-II and a HD1BT and followed the instructions on this forum for Z1 - Z3 upgrade. I used a Toshiba MK6034GAX 60GB disk with enlarged music partition. Will try Toshiba MK8032GAX 80GB disk soon (1-2 weeks).