AVIC411.com

F700 doesnt start, ANY ideas?

I had the EXACT same problem as somyoungguy with the AVICF700-BT series, black out screen and still hearing music etc. Fixed that by changing the brightness back to 10. Now after i parked and came back, and turned the car on it wont even work.

The Splash screen comes up, but DOESNT say that the start-up is in progress. It just shows the picture there, then goes completely black after about 10 seconds, and obviously doesnt work. The bluetooth light blinks briefly one time at the very start but doesn't connect to my phone, so obviously the unit isn't on. Its not a power connectivity issue obviously because i can see the splash screen. The ipod doesn't connect at all. I've tried reset button, nothing still. Tried with ipod disconnected, still nothing. ANY IDEAS? Im guessing im gonna have to get a new unit, mine is probably faulty??? Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

does anybody have any ideas? mine started doing tihs last night. i didnt drive my car for a week, came back, turned the car on, and the headunit reverted to blue buttons instead of red. i thought nothing of it, until i turned my car off, put gas in it, turned it back on, and the headunit didn't start. it sits at the normal loading screen for 15-20 seconds, does bluetooth flashyness, and then dies completely.

i checked all the power continuity, and everything looks good, but alas, the headunit appears to be toast.

ideas?