AVIC411.com

Static while Braking?

I just recently installed a D3 in my car (along with Boston Accoustic SL's all around and a 1000w 4-ch amp) and im heaving a really strange problem, im not sure if its the D3 or not...

While driving home yesterday, everytime i hit the brakes, i would get static (sounded crackly, like when wind hits a microphone), and would immediately go away as soon as I let go of the brake. At first i thought it was the antenna since it was thunderstorming yesterday, so i popped in a disc, and same problem. This morning coming in, again, same thing, crackles when the brake is being applied. When the car is stopped, I can stomp on the brake and nothing happens though, its literally only when the car is slowing down.

It doesnt seem to be coming from any one speaker in particular, but its hard to tell since I cant make it happen while stopped and when im not braking, the audio is crystal clear... any idea what the hell is going on? Im hoping theres something I can do myself and not have to take it in again.

Something is probably loose and is moving when the car is decellerating. Check to make sure that all your wiring connections are rock solid, all of the wiring harnesses/plugs are firmly seated/connected, and make sure that the radio itself is mounted solidly.