AVIC411.com

Z3 Static

I have a Z3 that I just had professionally installed (had a Z2 before). Problem is that I don't have near the reception that I had before. When I am out of the city, all I get is static. Places that I had reception before, now I no longer have anything. Additionally, every so often I hear what can only be described as an airplane flying overhead. It's the same sound every time, and obviously not an airplane. I was told there is a Z3 update that fixes that problem, but I think the guy didn't know what he was talking about. Anyone else experience anything of this sort?

I have a Z3 that I just had professionally installed (had a Z2 before). Problem is that I don't have near the reception that I had before. When I am out of the city, all I get is static. Places that I had reception before, now I no longer have anything. Additionally, every so often I hear what can only be described as an airplane flying overhead. It's the same sound every time, and obviously not an airplane. I was told there is a Z3 update that fixes that problem, but I think the guy didn't know what he was talking about. Anyone else experience anything of this sort?

Hmm did they move the antenna. Since they pulled out the HU is possible the antenna may hav been moved or not properly into the back of the unit?

I had a real bad static problem and I pulled the unit out and found that the installer had added an extension cable for the antenna. I rerouted the OEM cable from the antenna so it would reach and made sure it was as far away from the other cables on the back of the head unit as I could and that solved the problems.

Greg

yep and I am told it's nomal for Pioneer my factory Tundra radio had better signal coverages. You might want to amp your signal which is what i did.

Erik