AVIC411.com

How do you use voice commands?

I installed my F900BT last night and apart from the slow boot time and the stupid blue box on the nav screen, I'm pretty happy with it.

I looked in the PDF manual, but can't seem to find anything on the voice commands. I chose a TTS voice - as they now tell me the names of the streets. I can't figure out how to use the voice commands or voice dialing etc? Is there something I need to set up, and is there something I need to press to speak?

Also - does anyone have a list of commands?

Thanks for the reply...

Perhaps I'm stupid, but I've read through my manual several times (which is a PDF from Pioneer.co.uk) - and I still can't find anything about voice commands. It does say that the TTS will read a message to me though - which I can't get to work either.

When I read about the multifunctional knob - it says (with a bluetooth phone connected) pressing it will either answer an incoming call or end a current call.

No mention of voice commands at all?

Perhaps the UK model is different to the US one? I'm currently downloading the manual you've linked to so I can see if its different.

Hmmm... that sucks.

I wonder why they neglected the Euro model with the voice commands? Or whether they'll add it in a future update.

Looks like I'll have to re-do my phonebook then with each number as a contact, rather than some contacts having 2 or 3 numbers.

• 3 weeks later...