AVIC411.com

on your antenna adapter there should be a blue wire. connect that blue wire to the blue wire coming out of the avic power harness. it should say "antenna control" once you do that, itll power up the antenna amplifier that is in the rear of the vehicle. your am/fm antenna is in the rear window of your car. if you have any type of metallic tint that will also interfere with your reception.

also if you have an amplified system in the car, you will need to hook up the blue wire on the antenna adapter to the antenna control wire and the blue/white wire on the harness to the blue/white wire on the avic rca harness.

hope this helps!!!

thanks for the info. Is there a special way that i need to connect the wire from the avic adapter to the antenna adapter. The tip from the blue wire on the avic adapter has this weird metal part attached to it. Should i just solder it to the blue wire on the antenna adapter and it should work as long as the metal is touching the blue wire or is there a special way of connecting the two??

It seems that i have a week connection because when i was driving around last night some stations were being caught but static, so i could it be that i have the correct connection but its too weak???

THANKS!!

it doesnt matter how its connected as long as it is. you can get a spade connector that will slide into the connector that pioneer has on the harness, or solder it. soldering is preferred because its a more solid connection. you can just cut off the metal part and solder the wire directly.

before you do that, i would test to see if that blue wire on the antenna adapter is getting enough current. the avic only puts out 500ma of current from that wire and it might not be enough for the car's antenna booster. try tapping the wire from the antenna adapter to the red ignition wire and see if the signal improves any. just try it while the dash is apart...but if nothing changes, then i would just reconnect it to the blue on the pioneer harness.