AVIC411.com

F series Ipod VR issues

Ok so how many of you are getting the ipod VR to work? Mine doesn't work for shit. I ask for an artist, album, etc. and it just says "playing all whatever" And yes I have done the VR catalog. My BT audio is great and Voice calling with my phone works fine but not Ipod VR. I have also experimented with mic placement and still no dice. If anyone had this problem and figured out a fix, Im all ears.

you have to talk to it like a computer and seperate your words. you cant say "Play the artist ______" as if you were talking to a person you have to emphasize the PLAY, ARTIST, and ACTUAL ARTIST. word out the syllables too. its a pain but if you say it too fast the unit wont understand you and just show all artists..

not to go off topic, but did anyone know that aside from saying Play the artist, you can say show the artist and it will bring you to the artist's album selection? my bad if thats old news i just found that out the other day.

Ok so it appears the problem is with my 160gb ipod classic. I tested it with my iphone and got a lot better results. So, is anyone using a 160gb ipod classic with firmware 1.1.2 and getting VR to work?

I have the 160GB classic. I had been having issues with the ipod but I turned on VR Catalog mode a couple of days ago. Since then (knock on wood) it has been working fine.

I have used VR but not that much. I asked it to play artist AC DC and it worked. I also asked to play a couple of albums at that worked ok.

It just seems that once I turned on VR catalog mode it started working a lot better.

Dave

Ok so it appears the problem is with my 160gb ipod classic. I tested it with my iphone and got a lot better results. So, is anyone using a 160gb ipod classic with firmware 1.1.2 and getting VR to work?

I have the 160GB classic. I had been having issues with the ipod but I turned on VR Catalog mode a couple of days ago. Since then (knock on wood) it has been working fine.

I have used VR but not that much. I asked it to play artist AC DC and it worked. I also asked to play a couple of albums at that worked ok.

It just seems that once I turned on VR catalog mode it started working a lot better.

Dave