AVIC411.com

SD card music not treated the same as other sources??

Hey guys,

Have had the F700 for a few days and am really liking it. There is one problem that is fairly annoying. It's with playing music from the SD cards and the system not treating it the same it would an audio cd.

First of all, if the system booted up to FM radio or Sirius radio, music plays within seconds. With playing music off the SD card, it seems to start playing music once the system has fully booted up (30-60 seconds). Is this normal for everyone else? Just making sure there are no problems with the SD card or the pioneer unit. I have a regular SanDisk 2GB SD card formatted to FAT32.

Second, when the music does finally start playing from the SD card, it plays from the beginning of the song rather than where it left off from when the car was shut off.

Lastly on a side note, I was wondering if others had problems with hearing a "white noise" whenever the system does a beep or the voice talks. I am talking about that empty noise speakers make when they have power. I hear this for like a second after the system is done it's beep or voice sound. Could this be a ground issue?

Thanks!

I doubt this will help, but maybe try formatting to NTFS format. NTFS is native to Windows and since the F-series is running Windows CE, it couldn't hurt.

Of course CE is pretty darn old, I'm not sure when they introduced NTFS. Other than that, seems like a wiring issue because of the "white noise".

I doubt this will help, but maybe try formatting to NTFS format. NTFS is native to Windows and since the F-series is running Windows CE, it couldn't hurt.

Of course CE is pretty darn old, I'm not sure when they introduced NTFS. Other than that, seems like a wiring issue because of the "white noise".

Don't bother with NTFS - I doubt WinCE supports it, and while it is a "better" filesystem than FAT32, the extra features (security, encryption etc) aren't relevant in this case. FAT32 will be the faster filesystem :)

IIRC, NTFS appeared when Windows NT was released (1993?), but didn't come into widespread use for home users until Windows XP came along. CE has been around for a long time, but it's been constantly updated just like desktop Windows has - if anything, desktop Windows is older (having been released in 1985).

As for the white noise, I've heard the same thing - it could be low quality sound samples, or just noise from the TTS software. On my F900, the white noise stops about 1 sec after a "bong" or the voice stops speaking - probably that bit of software switching its sound output off.