AVIC411.com

questions for z1 help!

Hey guys, I need some help with the Pioneer Avic Z-1

I’ve got a 2003 Bmw M3 and I want to install the Z1, I need some help.

1) Where should I get it installed? I don’t live a in a place where car stereo stores are rampant (New Hampshire). I’ve talked with the guys at my local tweeter and they’re charging 250, plus maybe 50-100 more because they gotta move my ac/heat module to the sunglass spot. Tommrow I’m gonna go to a small car stereo place called cartunes and see how much they’ll charge. But what would u choose a bigger place like tweeter or a small place.

2) Where should I buy the system? Tweeter’s got it for 2200 while 6ave is 1500, buyin at sites like this are safe correct?

3) I go to college in a pretty bad area, and I’ve heard stories of people’s car stereo’s getting stolen and broken windows etc.. What should I do to prevent this?
Tint Windows? Make a cover so they can’t actually see it? Get a car alarm system whats a good one?

4) I heard the IPOD adapter from pioneer is really bad? I heard that ipod4car has something better does it work in sync with the avic z1? How good is it, and how
bad is the pioneer ipod adapter?

5) any other indash nav system better than the avic z1? Like the eclipse 6600?

Thanks for reading and all your help.
1) To save money I would say go to a local stereo shop. Hopefully you can find a reputable one in your area. After you find a shop ask around for people who have had work done there. You dont want a bunch of guys to do a hack job.

2) Online is safe, some places pioneer wont honor the warranty but some of the stores that you buy it from will. So be sure to ask them before you buy!

3) *** ALL 3!!!!! *****

4) I have heard the same thing. But remember that the Z1 has a HDD, 10GB of music, ~100Cd's or so.

5) Nope!