AVIC411.com

Am I stupid, or is the F700?

Hey all, I just finished installing my F700 and back up camera in my 08 mustang and I have a few questions/problems. Just for your info, I have updated to the latest firmware.

First, I followed the process for the bypass and while driving, the unit says parking brake wire error or whatever. Basically saying that I don't have the parking brake on. I grounded the wire to the same ground that the radio goes to on the harness and I am thinking that might be the issue.

Second, how the HELL do you get the voice crap to work? I have no idea how to tell the system to play whatever song. Do I hit a button then say something? I don't get it.

Lastly, whenever I boot the system the ipod tries to reupdate the VR dictionary. Will this happen every single time unless I turn it to off? It takes like 10 friggen minutes and if I leave the ipod menu it fails.

Please help me and my stupid radio...

1 - It will say that unless the bypass is done correctly. You should be fine with grounding both the parking brake wire and the relocated mute wire to the radio's ground wire. But obviously something is not done correctly. Either one of those two grounds are not good, or the relocated mute wire pin isn't seated in the wiring harness properly.

2 - To activate the voice control, press the volume knob, as if it was a button. You can press the knob up, down, left, and right to navigate menus and stuff. But if you press it in the center it calls up the voice command function.

3 - You only have to update the ipod voice command/recognition catalog once. Once it is done updating the first time, go into the menu and turn off the VR updating function, and it won't do it again. And each time you change the contents of the ipod you will have to let the VR catalog update run once.