AVIC411.com

F Series maps question.

Hi,

Just wondering if I get either a F90BT or F900BT from the US, would I be able to upload the European maps on it. I live in the UK.

The US models are better spec'd and cheaper. Go figure!

Does anyone know where the actual maps are stored, is it on the SD card or the internal hard-drive.

Thanks in advance

The maps are stored on the internal flash memory, no hard drive inside, and when I talked to pioneer about the same question they said that much like any GPS you could load other maps onto other SD cards and use it that way but cannot put it on the systems flash.

Thanks for the quick response.

Any ideas where I can get the maps from, and has anyone done this? Added European maps on a SD card?

Also are there any other issues I need to be aware of if purchasing my unit from the US and using it in the UK?

Cheers

You won't be able to use the radio due to the different frequencies used, and you won't be able to use the DVD drive because of it's region coding. I'm not sure about NTSC/PAL compatibility though. There are also different text to speech files for the european and US versions.

You might not be able to get maps from Pioneer until they issue a map update, which probably won't be til a year from now. The nav is provided by iGO, though, You can probably get the maps from them maybe?