AVIC411.com

It would be great if Pioneer would write some noise and echo cancellation logic into the system that you could adjust... As of now, it's just a continuosly transmitting mic...

The worse part, is that you can turn down your BT volume on your phone, and get good results without the echo... The bad part, you can barely hear anybody..LOL

I'm going to go ahead an shoot myself in the foot and admit my retardedness... But in my truck(03 Silverado), there is a little speaker looking vent/grill in my head liner right above the driver's head... Dumbass me, was thinking that it was a mic for the NorthStar or something.... SO I popped that sucker out and put my Avic's mic in it's place... I had great results...I could crank the Phone's BT volume up, and people didn't hear the echo... Sooooo...when my A/C wouldn't stop blowing full wood when set to auto, I found out that the mic I popped out, was actually a fan that sucks in the air, to measure the truck's inside temps... :oops:

So I was forced to relocate it to the a pillar, and welcome back echo city!!!

So I did put the output to the left side... and because the mic is bi-directional(actually more than just two) and because I have tweeters in the A pillars, I wrapped electrical tape around the outside of the mic, so that it could only pick up sound from the very tip of the mic.... and pointed it right towards my face and out of speakers' projection...

It's helped to some degree... I think I can get better if I mess with it a bit more...but it's been good enough that I haven't messed with it ever since... although, I thik I could get it better...maybe even somehow rig up a way to put it back in the headliner again...