AVIC411.com

F900BT - mode stuck on CD/DVD (random/repeat) post-firm-upgr

This worked preupgrade, but now whenever you play audio files off a disk (mp3 dvd, mp3 cd, audio cd) the unit refuses to come off of the mode it's on.

For example, you press the button that's marked SHUFFLE (which toggles from mode to mode) and the system does give off a successful beep, but then it just doesn't DO anything. So, there's no way to play an album..you only get random play (which sux for 55+ albums on a MP3 DVD)

I've called this into Pioneer, not seeing anything on this site about it, and they suggested I return the unit for repair. Now, as all us F*00 owners know, if this thing is ever pulled from the dash, it ain't NEVER going back in again, so I was hoping I could fix this issue without sending it back.

I was thinking this was a firmware issue...that if I could only reapply the firmware upgrade, it might help this issue. But, it appears that if the fw is already installed, the upgrade process is bypassed. Anyone familiar with the firmware upgrade process know if you can tweak a digit maybe in the version of the firmware and trick it into letting you upload it again?

And yes, I did a simple reset (reset button for 5 sec) and it did not fix