AVIC411.com

Broken CD-BTB200 Bluetooth Unit

Hi guys,

I wanted to know what you guys thought I could do for this little problem I have here. Yesterday I was working on my D3 and aciddently broke the jack to the mic inside the CD-BTB200 unit. I tried yanking out the piece but it seems to have gotten stuck there. Is it possible to hard wire the wire directly to the inside of the unit? I removed all four little black screws and it looks like it could be done.

What are my options here?

Sure, it can be done.

The plug is broken off in the jack? You could also take a tiny screwdriver and push the plug out from the back of the jack... often the jacks have holes. Then you can buy a new generic plug from Radio Shack and solder it onto the mic wires.

Yes, you could hard-wire it too. Just take the mic wires, the shield needs to be soldered onto the jack's grounded solder joint and the small insulated wire needs to be soldered onto the jack's other solder joint. Use a multimeter to determine which solder joint is ground.