AVIC411.com

New Pioneer Upgrade CD: Major Error Z1 to Z3

Hello,

I bought the new 2008 Pioneer upgrade cd to upgrade my Z1 to a Z3. I downloaded the media key and activation number and started the process with no initial errors. When I checked on the status after 30 minutes, there was an error message at 10%. I clicked the button to restart the process (the only option), but this did not seem to help and after every 1% increase in progress, the error message returns and i have to click the button and repeat. I have turned the key off and then restarted the process only to encounter the same issue.

I made it from 10-21% and then gave up for the night.

Has anyone else experienced this? What can be done? My understanding is that once the process begins, there is nothing that can be done to revert.

Thanks for your help.

Had a similar problem a couple of days ago, constantly stopped loading and popped up a retry message between 10% and 30%. I continued the load process during my daily commute and had no further issues.

After the map load completed, I needed to pull over and set the e-brake ( not bypassed) before I could press the on screen restart button. This kicked off the two step firmware upgrade, while I continued my commute. (yes- I released the e-brake first)

Once completed, it rebooted and and put you in the setup screen for time, language etc. Clicked ok and everything back to normal. Bluetooth connected, XM with traffic worked etc. I did have to re-adjust the volume settings to my preference.

Since I was in the middle of commuting, it did take about 5 minutes for the gps to catch up with my current location.

Hope this helps, and glad it wasn't just me.

I did my CNDV-800HD DVD update from a Z1 to a Z3 without any problems.

For me the process did not encounter any disc error but of course I was doing this update late at night where the temperature was very cool inside and outside the car cabin.

Perhaps the operating temperature could have something to do with the error. If might give the error if you do the update during the day when its hot.