AVIC411.com

Had to leave map feedback W/teleatlas, encourage everyone to

On the way home one day bitchin betty told me to make a left turn from the right lane, so I had to send a lil feedback to TeleAtlas. I believe her exact words were: "Turn right then a sharp left". I even made the right so she would re-route me, sure enough, samething. After seeing that and reading posts about people not having roads on the map I encourage everyone to send them some feedback..

Link~> [url]http://www.teleatlas.com/Pub/Home[/url]
Point~> "Support"
Click~> "Map Feedback"

Didnt your mother ever tell you?
""When you complain they send you coupons..""
I agree with you completly, I left this on their site...

I have an Avic-N3 with the latest disk. It is usually correct but it often has many glitchs. My car appears off road often, even on major highways, It takes me in non-needed u-turns and tells me to turn onto roads that don't exist. The other day I was driving to get on the highway, thankfully I knew where I was going, because it kept telling me to take rights that didnt exist, than, finnaly it told me to take the correct left. I think that could be very dangerous if I was in a city that I didn't know. Also, at times, I will be on the highway, and it wont alert me of an exit untill the last minute, that is certainly not enough forewarning. A few other problems exist as well, first, it doesnt find a lot of addresses or phone numbers, it also gets the town wrong quite often, I was going to a friends house in Woodcliff Lake New Jersey 31, R****** road, and there was no 31 R***** road in Woodcliff Lake becuase it had the town as Westwood instead. Also, It doesnt tell me "you have arived at your destination" sometimes untill 3 or four houses later. I really hope these problems are fixed and free updates are sent out. I would really like some type of follow-up as soon as possible, this is very frustrating to me and I hope all of these issues are aknoledged in future updates becuase some of these problems are quite dangerous, not to mention, I paid a lot of money for this unit, and expected a great naviagtion program, which this could be if these bugs were worked out. Maybe, if on future software releases users could download and edit the map to input locations that are not known to this map and than burn a dvd. As well as my email, you can reach me at *** *** **** my name is ***** ********. I look forward to your timly response.
  • 2 weeks later...