AVIC411.com

Any 03-07 Silverado or Tahoe/Suburban F-series installs?

Didn't seem to find anything on the search.

Has anyone installed one in these vehicles as of yet?

I just changed to a F700BT from a Z1 (been working on it most of the day today). Got it installed but I don't really like the way its sitting in the dash right now. One setting is either to far in or slightly too far out (the way it is seen now). Its flexing the plastic ring a little cause its out too far.

If anyone has done it, what mounting kit did you go with? My Z1 seemed to fit a little better in the dash than the F700. I am using a metra multi kit (few years old as it was used on my Z1 install). Can anyone recommend a better part # or link.

It is installed and running with the bypass. Going to go for a test drive once I get everything cleaned up.

So far everything seems to be working! :D

post-1419-12872755076967_thumb.jpg

post-1419-12872755077558_thumb.jpg

Just thought I would report for anyone interested. Went for a 30 min drive. Bypass is working. Back up camera is working. Bluetooth is working great. So far the voice recognition worked every time for making calls. I was able to download my phonebook (LG VX-8600) no problem. My steering wheel controls are also working. Mute, volume source, truck-up etc. So far I am a satisfied F-Series customer!

Now other than I different dash kit (if thats even avaliable) I just need to figure out what format divx files it likes best and get my dam IPOD cable. (didn't get here yet)

I've got an F90 in an 04 Silverado SS and I think I'm using the American Int'l kit. I just rode out to Best Buy and picked it up for 15 bucks. Seems to sit about right in the truck.

Separate question though. Which wire harness is the one that you tap into for the remote function? I have four or five harness connectors under the steering wheel and it was about to rain so I didn't push it any further. TIA.

I've got an F90 in an 04 Silverado SS and I think I'm using the American Int'l kit. I just rode out to Best Buy and picked it up for 15 bucks. Seems to sit about right in the truck.

Separate question though. Which wire harness is the one that you tap into for the remote function? I have four or five harness connectors under the steering wheel and it was about to rain so I didn't push it any further. TIA.

Thanks for the reply. I was just on the American Intl website. Their kit appears to have long slotted holes so any depth can be set. Looks like I'm gonna have to make a best buy run today.

About the steering wheel control wire. I installed that back in 2006 when I first installed my Z1. My memory is fading!

Check out this thread http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3398&highlight=classic

It describes just about everything for installing in a Silverado including the steering wheel interface. Good Luck!