AVIC411.com

what smart phone works with Z and bluetooth (Verizon)

I used to have a Treo 700wx from Verizon and tried to use it with my Z1 unit and it never worked well with the bluetooth. On occasion i was able to make and receive calls but the calls would drop constantly so I gave up using it. It turns out that on Pioneer's web site they mention that smartphones and pda's might not work well with the bluetooth.

When my contract ended w/ verizon, i switched to sprint and got the Katana DLX phone and it works terrific w/ the bluetooth. I've never had any dropped calls ...

I have a Verizon XV6800 and it works great with the Z2 (upgraded to Z3). I've never had a dropped call unless there was no service where I was driving through, which has nothing to do with the bluetooth connection itself.

No echos and the other party say they can hear me fine, well me and the flow masters on the truck.....LOL :lol:

Hmm, that is interesting. I went through everything I could to get the treo to work and it would not work at all with the bluetooth. Maybe the VX6800 has something in that phone that the treo 700w or wx didnt have. I have heard that the Treo 800w works with the z units.

maybe one day i'll upgrade to the treo 800 ....

I have a Verizon Curve and it works well with my Z2

I used to have a BB 8830 World Edition and it worked flawlessly too

Thank you for the good info!!!!!! I went with the curve.

I really like the phone and it seems to work perfectly.

I just need to get the voice commands down pat.

• 1 month later...