AVIC411.com

USB to IPOD

Hi all,

This is my first post on here, Hello to Everyone!

First I must say I'm very satisfied with the performance of Avic-F series. Grabbed the one from Futureshop in Canada. For anyone out there wondering still, I got one at the end of July and it is updated already to the latest firmware, just for those who are wondering, thought I'd put that out there!

Sure there is much more for me to learn and probably lucky out of some of you on here who are having problems. My startup is about 30 seconds, with or without the iPhone hooked. The response on everything is perfect and the Mic works perfect too, people hear me nice and clear!

I know this might be a pretty stupid question to some of you, and to me it sorta is as my career is within the field, but I thought I'd ask.

I've tried hooking up my 30GB iPod Video through the USB cable, I've used the original Apple USB cable that actually comes with an IPod or iPhone. Seems the Unit loads the library, and finishes loading that, also plays the song from my play list but I don't hear a thing. Just to note, I haven't set anything on the unit IPOD related, just plugged the cable to the usb plug from the unit and went to source, ipod. :D

Now the question I have, would anyone know is it because I'm using such standard cable?? or is something else wrong. :shock:

I do know that there is a $50 pioneer cable out there, but really what is the difference?? other then the integrated RCA jacks with it?? :roll:

Any insight on this would be appreciated, after all might be something wrong with the unit on the IPOD stuff :D

Thank you, and Hello ! :D

Sincerely,

A.J.

Hello catbones, welcome to the forum.

You have to have that $50 cable. No audio or video is transfered through the USB cable, just control of the ipod functions from the screen and charging is handled with the USB. The audio and video is transfered through the RCA jacks to the AUX input on the back of the unit. Also you have to switch the AV1 input to IPOD in the AV SETTINGS for audio and video to be displayed on the screen. Get the Pioneer cable and you will be set.

Hey Catbones,

welcome! I'm from Toronto, Canada and bought the unit from the States...so I had to go through all that update stuff. As well, I came across the same issues you are having with regards to the audio and the Ipod.

The reason is that you have to have either the Pioneer cable or the Apple cable that has the RCA's on it. Problem is.... the pioneer isn't available at any electronic retail place in Canada....whereas in the US you can simply go to bestbuy. I ordered the pioneer cable through ebay and JUST got it this morning in the mail after waiting over 5 weeks for delivery......needless to say, I couldnt wait that long so I installed the $60 apple cables.

SO, if you want the pioneer cables, still in the package, I have them brand new.!

Let me know!