AVIC411.com

updating my bypassed Z2

dose the new maps upgrade disk from Pioneer make my Z2 a Z3 and has anyone did this? if so has there been any problems to the 2 wire bypass and cdrom i have my Z2 complety bypassed and working great for over a year excpet for the lock ups when its realy warm or have my heat on in the winter my heater vents are located right above my Z2 witch sucks for when the heat is on but great when air is on to cool it off i need to do the new firmware update to fix that also. I am so scared of screwing up my bypassed system that i haven't did any updates not even the gracenote up dates is all this safe to update and keep my Z2 working while driving?

by the way thanks to all of you on this site i was so upset when i bought my avic and really couldn't use it unless i was parked the installer told me about this site and I kept checking by here every day til you got the bypass disk here i am so thankful for all of you for such hard work my installer had the parking brake grounded by a switch all i had to do was move the mute wire and ground it and run the disk i burned as an image from downloading it here my Z2 is loaded with all the features. all i didn't buy with it was the tv tuner so i spent a lot of money for something i couldn't use at first now i love my Z2 i was one of the first to hack my Z2 from this site like the day after the software post so thanks so much again to every one you guys are great

• 3 weeks later...