AVIC411.com

Serie F - Update 1600 to 1900 First Impressions and comments

Until now, I notice that the system is starting faster, I not yet counted the seconds but should go close to 30"

By consequence the bluetooth also start faster

I would like that pioneer could delet the warning that appears at the beginning of navigation, the one that we must give OK.

Or at least put a combo box ("don't show this warning again"), like windows does.

What do you think ?

I doubt Pioneer would remove it; it's there only for liability reasons. Otherwise someone *will* sue them for getting into an accident while fiddling with the nav unit.

There's still hope for the members to find and remove it... although it might be coded directly into the iGo software, i.e. part of the iGo binary files.

although it might be coded directly into the iGo software, i.e. part of the iGo binary files.

what does that mean for someone who hasnt the slightest idea about computers lol

If it's buried in the binaries that means it will be much harder to find and 'fix'. On the other hand, if it's in some scripting, or there's some other human-readable way to get at it (like a bmp file etc) then it is usually easier to deal with.

FWIW I have been digging very hard through the files and have found a few things that are very promising... I have some testing to do but if things work I will post my results in the F series hacks area.

FWIW I have been digging very hard through the files and have found a few things that are very promising... I have some testing to do but if things work I will post my results in the F series hacks area.

Great Stephanie keep the good work, let me know if you find something, I'm doing the same.

By the way, since I updated my F900 to this new release I had my first problem with bluetooth, something went wrong in bootup the system could not read probably one or more dll's and the bluetooth turn off the connection with the mobile.

The solution was: Stop the car turn the ignition off, and then turn it on, after that everithing worked fine.

It's in times like these, with the #&%* windows bugs, that we feel the lack of the famous keys sequence ALT+CTRL+DEL

Here is a tip

probably pioneer will have to put these keys in future versions. :lol:

One more thing

Many have complained about the blue boxes that appear on the map, even when we do not indicate a destination.

Maintaining these boxes, Pioneer should at least have increased the up box (rectangle), for this to be behind the clock and thus make it more visible.

Because of the reflection often during the day, many times you can not see the clock properly.

I sincerely hope that someone responsible inside pioneer see this post and with our complaints and ideas make upgrades with useful and necessary corrections

One more thing

Many have complained about the blue boxes that appear on the map, even when we do not indicate a destination.

Maintaining these boxes, Pioneer should at least have increased the up box (rectangle), for this to be behind the clock and thus make it more visible.

Because of the reflection often during the day, many times you can not see the clock properly.

I sincerely hope that someone responsible inside pioneer see this post and with our complaints and ideas make upgrades with useful and necessary corrections

You can change the clock color as well now in the hacks forum.