AVIC411.com

Progress: Blue Boxes and Contacts

I dont know of one either, Jason H might though if you want to Pm him.

There isn't one, un-archive and re-compress is the only option. I'm going to play around with that this afternoon, as I need to be able to do this from my Macbook Pro in the car (or bring my AVIC in and hook it up to my power supply).

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem I ran into when I tried the un-archive, edit, and re-compress on the Mac was that the nav unit flat out refused to accept the file. I tried changing the name, all uppercase, all lowercase, etc, and nothing seemed to work. Using the explorer thing to just edit the contents of the file without unzipping has worked just fine, so I haven't gone back to the unzip/rezip method.

Follwed the instructions and here the results...Thank you Stephanie and Skicrave for helping me :D

Oh Stephanie, btw, the first color for the clock is the fill and the second is the outline. i meant to have red numbers, but i actually like how this way came out.

GONE.jpg

CLOCK.jpg

GPS.jpg

i couldnt help but notice in one of the directories, the file for the Tahoma font is there.....is it possible to change the font as well????

CatchMeIfYouCan631, is this night mode you're using. My night mode shows brown sometimes lime green background and I hate it. How did you get yours to show black? Also the words show up blurry in my night mode, compared to the day mode.

We can change the colors of most things in the configuration file, so it shouldn't be too hard to adjust the skin for day or night.

Cool, I'll keep looking, I hate the blurry words and the brown background. If I can change it to look black the better. :? Maybe when can even find a way to make the Arrow smaller.

On another note, if you look under Data.zip\config there is a keybind.txt, that should be able change the bindings. For example, instead pushing the button for voice command it could be a mute key if you so desire.

I just finished trying all the other things I could think of, all the alternatives as far as dealing with those boxes. The only thing that (for me at least) is consistant and takes care of everything, is the one I posted earlier in the long step-by-step. The data.zip file that I linked to in an earlier post is the best option, from what I've seen.

Some new stuff to add: I have replaced the tahoma.ttf and tahomabd.ttf with two ttf files I had on my Macintosh and they worked. I used chalkboard and chalkboard bold; I just renamed them to match the original files. Now everything in the gps program is in the 'chalkboard' font, even street names and some stuff in the menus. It's kind of fun. I'd suggest using a font that is very legible if you do this. The main thing is, you can change the fonts. I haven't tested adding fonts, i.e. adding a new font then updating the ui file with the new font name, so I can't say if that would work. But you can definately replace tahoma with something else.

Cheers!

Contacts first because it was successful.

Problem: Every time I tried sending one or two contacts from my phone, the F700 took all of them. In my phone I'll have or three numbers for a given name. The F700 would list the same name over and over, with no way to tell which number was under which icon without actually calling them!!!! GRRRR. I wanted to edit them so I could just say stuff like Mom - Home or Mom - Cell and I only wanted the half dozen I need, not every last flipping one that is in my phone.

Solution: Boot the F700 to testmode, go to My Flash Drive/User/UserData/Phonedata/PhoneBook?????????.db and copy that file to your SD card. Move the SD card to your computer and use SQLight 3.x to edit the database as much as you want, then back to the SD card and back to the F700. Presto! I have the entries I want, in the order I want, named the way I want. Yay!

I thought I would add a little to this post... I copied my Phonebookxxx.db file to my computer, but SQLite is a command line program and was not very user friendly. So I went out and found something much simpler to use.

http://sqlitebrowser.sourceforge.net/index.html

This program has a GUI and you can add/remove/edit contacts in a method similar to Access.

I have already put my corrected phonebook file back on my F700 and it worked beautifully.

Happy modding...

i took the pix from my phone, thats why it looks so dark. its really a very very dark brown. and yes, it is night mode.

i dont want to go off topic but i was messing around with the menus, and came across "full screen cockpit" and "manage track logs". what are they?

Full screen cockpit is the destination times box. By turning this option to "on" (hence making it a full screen cockpit) in the navi settings, it hides the box, but only until power is cut off. Upon reboot it reverts to having the setting turned "off" which displays the box. What would be ideal is to keep that box hidden until a destination is plotted. If we could do that AND get rid of the zoom level bar above it (which is useless and impossible to read anyway) we would have a very nice clean-looking nav screen.