AVIC411.com

Progress: Blue Boxes and Contacts

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Major props to Stephanie and HiFiSi for their contributions to this thread - I downloaded and installed Stephanie's data.zip file, which got rid of the empty green boxes on the map screen; and using HiFiSi's writeup on the phonebook database I was able to correct all the errors in my Contacts on the F90BT! These improvements, plus silencing the key beeps (again thanks to Stephanie) pretty much resolved all my remaining complaints with the F90BT. I guess I can just ignore Pioneer's official update part deux if and when it's released. (Unless it shortens the bootup time by about 85%.)

One remaining question concerning contacts - I'd like to be able to dial my work voicemail and have it take me straight in to my voicemail box, which means I need to insert pauses followed by numbers in the dial string. Any idea how to accomplish this? I tried commas, that didn't work.

**UPDATE** - Got it - inserted a capital "P" in the dial string after the main number; that forces a 2 second pause, then it dials the following string of numbers (in my case, access code for my voicemail box, then another "P", then 4-digit password.) Works great!

Folks dont know if anyone has noticed but if you hold the MAP button down for 2 seconds it brings up the BRIGHTNESS screen. Why the hell they chose this screen to be triggered with the MAP button is beyond me. Anyway, can any of you see if this can be reassigned to the REARVIEW function. I think that should have been the first choice. This feature is on the DNX8120 and it is a nice feature.

And for those of us without the rearview, either mute or delete route would be sweet.

if your in the map section you can hold down the main knob (volume and zoom) for 2 seconds it will mute.

Stephanie,

I went through every config file there is, im going to guess that the caution menu is hardcoded into the unit, since it doesnt use any of the outside graphics and it doesnt follow the same guides as the rest of the igo stuff. so maybe we can look into what actual igo users are doing to bypass this.

Stephanie, I'm looking around the Flash disk as I'm typing this, and I found some things...

-In ui_pioneer/800_480 (which I just noticed that 800x480 is the custom splash screen size), there's a bunch of files starting with 746_32K, and they are all the small icons used throughout the unit. The little green note next to the song playing while in map mode, the blue sphere under GPS and Time settings, the status bars to show reception, the little speedometer, etc etc. And they are all .bmp files with black backgrounds, which I think means these various icons can be changed.

-In those files, 746_32K_OM-71_32b is the little red crosshair that pops up everywhere. Will deleting this .bmp file get rid of the crosshair?

-In ui_pioneer_icons_poi, it looks like all the icons for the Points of interest, but I can't open them, since they're an 'ICON' file. Any way of getting around that?

-In ui_pioneer/common, files 746_32K_OM-300_24b and 746_32K_OM-301_24b are the green/white route arrows.

-Also, in ui_pioneer/common, is the car arrow. It's under daycar and nightcar. Lemonhead, I recall you saying you wanted to change them...there they are, bud :D

Note: All the .bmp files have a black background. My guess is that black is its transparent color, so if you attempt to change the icon, do it with a black background and don't use 100% black for the icon itself, use like 99%. Which would also explain why the night background is not fully black as well.

This is all I found so far that I fell was worth noting, but I'm going to keep searching.

CatchMeIfYouCan631, good observations. If you want to elminate the red crosshairs, I would suggest rather than deleting that bmp, just edit it to be fully 100% black. This way, the system won't throw a file-not-found error, but the 'crosshairs' will be invisible. If that doesn't work (if it just gives you black blobs all over the place) then replace the file with a copy of the blank bmp from earlier in this thread; that should replace the crosshairs with 1 pixel invisible dots.

I noticed the same thing with the bmp icons' black background; some of the bmps do appear to have transparency, but some seem to use black as their alpha colour. This might be defined somewhere in the .ui files, but it looks like the way to go.

Re. the .icon files, you might need to find a graphics program that can view them.

An easier DELETE ROUTE function would definitely be cool.

This sounded like a good idea and was pretty easy to implement. Add this line of code in navigate_800_480.ui just below the line that displays the time (it's in the first area near the top of the file).

You need to make some changes for position and the actual graphic.

The x=720 and y=140 will probably not look good, as there are other things in that area usually. I'd suggest x=720 if you want it in the same vertical column as the 3D/2D and compass but y=280 or so to move it down towards the lower right area of the map. You'll have to experiment as to where you want it, exactly.

I've attached the graphic I used below, it's basicaly just one of the ones already provided, but cropped to size. It goes in data.zip\ui_pioneer\800_480. You can of course use anything you like; if you want it to be the same size as what I've used, the size is 72x55 pixels.

What happens is when there is no route set, the button is invisible. When you have a route set (specifically, when there is a value in the distance-to-next-manoever) the button appears. When you tap it, you go straight to the Delete Route Yes/No confirmation screen.

Cheers!

post-21587-12872755114232_thumb.jpg

KillRoute.bmp.zip

You must have already pursued this, but ... can you use that 'visiblemodel="navigation.distance_to_manuver.valid"' business for the blue boxes and the three times/distances on the lower-left? Or does it only work for the buttons on the right?

You must have already pursued this, but ... can you use that 'visiblemodel="navigation.distance_to_manuver.valid"' business for the blue boxes and the three times/distances on the lower-left? Or does it only work for the buttons on the right?

I tried it for the blue boxes and it didn't work. :/ It was one of the first things I tried, and I'mnot sure why it didn't work.

Edited for clarity: Although there are two kinds of file (visual elements, versus scripts) they all have the same file name of .ui which makes it confusing. The stuff that is in the 800_480\ui directory is almost all visual elements; the stuff that is in the common\ui directory is almost all scripts. Visual elements like and so on, can be turned on and off, or have any properties, manipulated by the scripts. So even though a visual element like the boxes or some text gets hidden or turned on and off in the visual file itself, the scripts can override that. So when I first tried to get rid of the blue boxes, I tried using the visiblemode property. However, it did not work because scripts overrode it and displayed them anyways.

As for using visiblemode on the three lines of text... it can't hurt to try. It is in navigate_800_480.ui. You could add the visiblemode stuff to each of the elements in it (there are 9 or 10 elements). However, I think the visibility mode gets overriden by scripting, for at least some of that stuff. So it might not be effective.

I re-read this thread, but I'm still lost - since I used Stephanie's great modded data.zip file to get rid of the boxes, when in a route the upcoming street names (which are in white) in the upper left-hand corner are barely visible. Exactly where do I go to change the color of that text to be more visible?

**UPDATE** - Fixed it - just changed the color code on the line that includes the text "navigation next street".

Using the 'hide' thing in my last post will eliminate not just the boxes, but the stuff that went in the boxes. That's why it was not ideal.

What follows, however, will eliminate the boxes but (I think!) keep the content - so you get the directional icons and details floating over the map image, without any box backgrounds. This simply eliminates the graphics of the boxes, without eliminating the 'sprites' that hold the boxes, hence the content can still appear.

I have attached two files: navigatemap.ui and 746_32K_OM-blank.bmp

navigatemap.ui goes into data.zip\pioneer_ui\common *and* data.zip\pioneer_ui\common\ui (because I'm still not sure which of those two is the 'real' location)

746_32K_OM-blank.bmp goes into data.zip\pioneer_ui\800_480

With the navigatemap.ui file changed, and the 746_32K_OM-blank.bmp file added, this replaces the bar across the top, and the two rectangles on the left-hand side, with a one-pixel transparent bmp file.

With that change made, there are no blue (or green) boxes on the screen, but when you are navigating, the icons and text should still appear. I tested this a little, I plotted a route and the info did appear, but I didn't actually drive anywhere so I didn't see the info change. I'll test that tomorrow morning.

Also -- I tested the clock colour change and it works fine. The colours are straightforward RGB hex, so any HTML colour chart will do you fine. The first colour is the outline and the second colour is the fill of the text, IIRC.

That's about all the fun for me for tonight. :)

This all looks very good. Ik hope the europe models have the same file structure so we can use this too. Hope there will be a data (zip) file available from you so we can update this all in a quick en simple way. keep up the good work!!

:lol:

What happens is when there is no route set, the button is invisible. When you have a route set (specifically, when there is a value in the distance-to-next-manoever) the button appears. When you tap it, you go straight to the Delete Route Yes/No confirmation screen.

Cheers!

Very, very cool! Thanks.

post-20166-12872755116023_thumb.jpg

An easier DELETE ROUTE function would definitely be cool.

This sounded like a good idea and was pretty easy to implement. Add this line of code in navigate_800_480.ui just below the line that displays the time (it's in the first area near the top of the file).

You need to make some changes for position and the actual graphic.

The x=720 and y=140 will probably not look good, as there are other things in that area usually. I'd suggest x=720 if you want it in the same vertical column as the 3D/2D and compass but y=280 or so to move it down towards the lower right area of the map. You'll have to experiment as to where you want it, exactly.

I've attached the graphic I used below, it's basicaly just one of the ones already provided, but cropped to size. It goes in data.zip\ui_pioneer\800_480. You can of course use anything you like; if you want it to be the same size as what I've used, the size is 72x55 pixels.

Cheers!

Hey Steph.....I've been reading ur progress everyday! U are the bomb baby! I wounder If I can use a copy of ur DATA file setup like in this post? Thanks..

Going to be installing the F in my new Audi when i finally get it, was hoping someone could find me a font similar to the font on the cluster so i can use that. Here's what the cluster looks like:

audi_a4_32quattro_2008_dashboard_instrumentcluster_640x480.jpg

I know it's kinda hard to tell with just numbers but any suggestions appreciated :)

Going to be installing the F in my new Audi when i finally get it, was hoping someone could find me a font similar to the font on the cluster so i can use that. Here's what the cluster looks like:

audi_a4_32quattro_2008_dashboard_instrumentcluster_640x480.jpg

I know it's kinda hard to tell with just numbers but any suggestions appreciated :)

Maybe try these...are those dots making up the letters? If so "LCD DOT" toward the bottom might be close

http://www.dafont.com/theme.php?cat=302