AVIC411.com

Bugs I've noticed (F700BT)

F700BT. Purchased pre-update, but update was applied immediately after installation last weekend.

Of course, the first two are well known and oft-discussed, and yes, I know about the hacking effort that's been done to remove the boxes.

1) Boot time!

2) Annoying blue boxes. Yes, I've seen the post about hacking the unit to remove them.

3) System occasionally reboots immediately after the first boot in the morning. Takes double the time to get started.

4) While navigating, screen went totally blank today. Radio still playing. Did not respond to any controls, including the volume knob. No way to reboot without pulling over and shutting off the car.

5) TTS can't figure out how to say some things. Local highway is called "highway 237". TTS system tells me "Merge onto 237 State Highway 2, (pause) 37 east" instead of "Merge onto State Highway 237 east." Probably something wrong in the map data, but it sure is annoying.

6) Speed-sensitive volume doesn't work very well.

7) No RDS data on FM. Come on, the cheapest radios have this. Shouldn't need digital (HD or Satellite) to get this.

8) Can map to home, and it has a phone number set also, but can't use the phone icon in the lower-right when navigating home to call home.

9) Wow, you have to turn the volume knob really far to get any significant volume change.

More coming, the more experience I get. I predict this list will get to at least 30 items before I've had 2 weeks of experience. We're on day 4 right now.

Please add this as a Reply to one of the existing bug lists. It's better if we keep them in a single place in the event Pioneer actually uses the site to make improvements.

Please don't* add this as a reply. we already know all the bugs. Plus a second update is being released so let's wait and see what problems STILL exist after the 2nd update, considering Stephanie's hacks fixed a good amount of them alone.

Please add this as a Reply to one of the existing bug lists. It's better if we keep them in a single place in the event Pioneer actually uses the site to make improvements.

Please don't* add this as a reply. we already know all the bugs. Plus a second update is being released so let's wait and see what problems STILL exist after the 2nd update, considering Stephanie's hacks fixed a good amount of them alone.

OK everyone, you heard CatchMeIfYouCan...no more posting bugs at Avic411.com

That really wasn't necessary. Is it because I quoted your post that you had to make such an immature remark? I'm not dictating or telling anybody what to do, but these are problems that have been posted already. So why post them again?

That really wasn't necessary. Is it because I quoted your post that you had to make such an immature remark? I'm not dictating or telling anybody what to do, but these are problems that have been posted already. So why post them again?

You're right, the sarcasm wasn't necessary, but it was sort of funny :-)

You really were telling someone what to do (me), although you did it with a "please." Thanks for being cordial! And since in the past I've told you what to do, we'll just call it even, I'm good!

But only the top 2 were things I've seen posted before, and I even commented on that. They are just the two biggest annoyances so I was reinforcing them. Maybe I posted in the wrong place, I don't know, it seems like this is what everyone else was doing. In any case I posted them on the external bughost site (and have added more since), and I won't post them here anymore.

Oh yeah, you did lol I forgot about that. But regardless..

My apologies. I really didn't mean it to sound that way in the least and the last thing i want to do is look like some bossy punk. Its just that a thread was made about it when the unit first released, then one was made for unresolved issues after the update, and then another was made just to keep it all organized, not counting all the ones in between.