AVIC411.com

Nav Signal Loss Problems

Hey guys, I have the AVIC-F90BT, I just installed it and I mounted the antenna on my trunk lid, but it seems like that I've been losing signal everytime I turn the music up along with my subwoofer that I have in the trunk. What do you guys think the problem is? I have yet to check the connection on the back of the unit, but when I connected all the wires I made sure they clicked in so I don't think that is the problem. Do you suppose that the bass from the subs is causing the antenna to move around and that, that is the problem?

Yes, it could be that the subwoofer is causing too much vibration in the trunk lid and causing a problem with the antenna some how. Try just moving the antenna somewhere else temporarily and turn the music/sub up as you normally do and see if the problem goes away or not.

For what it's worth, you do not have to mount the antenna on the outside of the car. You can mount it on the rear deck, up at the front of the dashboard, or even up inside the dashboard and it should still get full signal because the GPS signal can travel through glass and plastic with no trouble. It's also better for the longevity of the antenna because it won't be exposed to the elements.