AVIC411.com

Trying to connect a Bell Blackberry 8830 to the F90BT. The search goes ok and it connects but then disconnects withing about 10secs and comes up connection terminated on the Blackberry.

If I try to reconnect, it will fail. I have to delete the pairing from the F90 and the Blackberry and start from scratch. A hard reset to both machines as no effect.

Any ideas?

Trying to connect a Bell Blackberry 8830 to the F90BT. The search goes ok and it connects but then disconnects withing about 10secs and comes up connection terminated on the Blackberry.

If I try to reconnect, it will fail. I have to delete the pairing from the F90 and the Blackberry and start from scratch. A hard reset to both machines as no effect.

Any ideas?

I get the same damn problem now with my 8330. Not sure why - it did not do this pre update. And for a while post update it worked great! (except when you disconnected, or let the other person hang up - it would hang).

But now I get constant disconnects/reconnects.... gaaarrr

Getting the same thing with my 8830. Here's the weird thing...before I had put any of my contacts into a category, I had no connection problems (except for slow to connect on startup). Then I categorized some contacts and began getting the connection dropouts. I took out all categories, but now am still getting the problem. Ugh.

I had the same problems with my 8130 Blackberry.

For the first couple of days it would connect/terminate constantly which was annoying. I took my phone and did a complete back-up and applied the newest update on Blackberry's website. Well, turns out, that worked!

For one week.

Now its back to the same old crap. Not sure whether I should toss my phone out the window or take a hammer drill to my deck.

I had the same problems with my 8130 Blackberry.

For the first couple of days it would connect/terminate constantly which was annoying. I took my phone and did a complete back-up and applied the newest update on Blackberry's website. Well, turns out, that worked!

For one week.

Now its back to the same old crap. Not sure whether I should toss my phone out the window or take a hammer drill to my deck.

Hammer drill. It's not the phone's fault I'm sure of it.

I have an F900 and had trouble with a Blackberry Curve and a Blackberry 8830. In both cases it would sync and connect and then drop the connection. I tried a co-workers 8830 and had no problem, tried another 8830 and had no problem. So what was wrong with my 8830? I had a lot of duplicate profiles in my address book. I cleared my address book, because that was the only thing that was different between my Blackberry and the other users Blackberry, it worked! I cleaned up the duplicate entries in my address book and the BT works well now.

I have an F900 and had trouble with a Blackberry Curve and a Blackberry 8830. In both cases it would sync and connect and then drop the connection. I tried a co-workers 8830 and had no problem, tried another 8830 and had no problem. So what was wrong with my 8830? I had a lot of duplicate profiles in my address book. I cleared my address book, because that was the only thing that was different between my Blackberry and the other users Blackberry, it worked! I cleaned up the duplicate entries in my address book and the BT works well now.

Interesting. I had one double entry, I'll try it. Do you think its just exact duplicate entries, was it ok if you had one entry "Mike" and another "Mike Cell"?

Well ring my bell it worked!

I had one double entry. Removed the second one and shazam!

Now fix the bootup and sluggishness for me hehe.

No more lawsuit? 8)

Well it does fix one major problem.... still.. was this a Pioneer defect or a Blackberry one. I think it was a Pioneer defect.

It should not have happened, but I am very glad someone found the fix.

i dont have any duplicate entries. 310 unique entries, most of which have two or more numbers per entry (work, cell, home, etc).

my address book syncs with my outlook contacts; i dont assume that to be an issue?

it started out for the first week working fine. but now, it does the connect/disconnect thing... help!