AVIC411.com

MSN Direct gas icons...

Ever since I activated MSN Direct I have gas station icons all over my map. I have gone into the Manage POI > MSN Direct > Gas Stations setting and changed it to display only on the close zoom level. That works fine until I turn off the car. The next time I start up those icons are back!

I've thought about changing the icon file to a blank one but I would like to be able to see where gas stations are every now and then. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

post-18198-12872755163882_thumb.jpg

Ever since I activated MSN Direct I have gas station icons all over my map. I have gone into the Manage POI > MSN Direct > Gas Stations setting and changed it to display only on the close zoom level. That works fine until I turn off the car. The next time I start up those icons are back!

I've thought about changing the icon file to a blank one but I would like to be able to see where gas stations are every now and then. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

OMG yes they are annoying. And almost useless... I should in a perfect world, be able to click on one and get directions and gas prices! THEN they would be neat.

As it is they are mostly just annoying.

As far as I can tell, mine don't even shut off during the same boot if I go in and change the MSN Direct POIs like you suggested. It drives me nuts, because the map is pretty much useless. It's nice when I drive up north where there is no MSN direct, and no gas station icons. :)

I noticed that your display looks quite a bit different than my 900... Your clock is easier to read, you have a traffic button, and your MPH is shown on the screen. Are these all configurable and I just haven't found them in the menu? Or is yours modified somehow? (feel free to PM a response so as to not hi-jack the thread.)

[EDIT] Apparently there has been quite a bit of progress in the hacks section since I last checked. :) No need to answer the above questions. Thanks... [/EDIT]

Dave

As far as I can tell, mine don't even shut off during the same boot if I go in and change the MSN Direct POIs like you suggested. It drives me nuts, because the map is pretty much useless. It's nice when I drive up north where there is no MSN direct, and no gas station icons. :)

I noticed that your display looks quite a bit different than my 900... Your clock is easier to read, you have a traffic button, and your MPH is shown on the screen. Are these all configurable and I just haven't found them in the menu? Or is yours modified somehow? (feel free to PM a response so as to not hi-jack the thread.)

[EDIT] Apparently there has been quite a bit of progress in the hacks section since I last checked. :) No need to answer the above questions. Thanks... [/EDIT]

Dave

I know exactly what you mean about driving where there is no MSN Direct signal... sadly it's great LOL... there's just no traffic info. I noticed that by default the msn gas station poi icons are set to 'OFF' but that obviously isn't the case. I set it to 'close' and that gets rid of the mess on the map until I zoom in close.

Yes... I have been busy applying various map hacks hehe. I actually find it fun manipulating the interface. That traffic button isn't actaully a traffic... that's actually the AV source. XM radio has traffic stations and once a 'home' traffic station is set it is considered a separate AV source and that is what I had on when I took that pic.