AVIC411.com

Ok, I am installing the F90BT in an '02 Altima. I have been trying to do this for the past 2 Days.

The First Headunit I got was dead out of the Box. The RCA Outputs were shot, and gave a sharp Popping & Snapping sound every 5 Seconds or so. So I took it back today and got a new Headunit.

The Second one worked perfect at first. I had it hooked up unmounted in the Dash (I was just holding it in my Hand, and used one of the Screw Holes for the OEM Mounting Bracket for the Ground, because Nissan OEM Radio's Ground out through the Radio Chassis, there is no OEM Ground Wire) with no Accessories hooked up to it (no Nav Antenna, No Radio Antenna, No iPod Cable) the only External thing hooked up to it was the Highs Amp. I started the Car and the Headunit powered on fine, no Alternator Whine, no Popping, everything was perfect, played a few songs on a CD and it was all good.

You would think I was done right? Ready to mount it in the Dash, connect all the Accessories and such and send the Customer away.

So then I connect the Nav Antenna, Radio Antenna, iPod Cable, tuck everything nice and neat inside the Dash, close it all back up and start the Car to back it out. Now I get a HORRENDOUS Alternator Whine / Squealing Sound, and the Headunit won't turn off when I turn the Key off, I had to undo the Ground for it to turn off.

I undid all the External Connections (Radio & Nav Antenna, iPod Cable), basically back to where I was in the beginning holding the Headunit in my Hand, and it working perfectly. So I start the Car and the Whine & Squealing is still there, but I can hear the Music.

What could possibly be wrong?

I am about to rip my Hair out with this Car. This is the most annoying Car / Customer I have ever had. I have seriously been working on this Car for the past 6 Months. They keep switching Equipment up, Blowing Speakers and Amps, ect...

The yellow wire goes to a constant +12v from the battery

The red wire goes to the "Accessory" wire in your Nissan harness that is only powered with +12v when the car is in Accessory or On

Always hook up your radio ground to the chassis and make sure you punch through steel. Using a harness ground is for sissies with no skill.

My guess is that you've somehow got your accessory wire mixed in with the constant +12v. Put a multimeter to it to find out for sure.

The whining noise.. thats a bit complicated but there is the "easy" fix and the "right" fix

Easy fix: http://www.radioshack.com/sm-buy-the-gr ... 62214.html

Right fix: Run a +12v from where your amps are located to your head unit and power the yellow constant +12v off of that. Don't forget to fuse it @ 10a near the distribution block. Now, go inspect your amp and head unit grounds. If they aren't 100% solid in the sheet metal, make them right. Go buy some heavy copper lugs, some nuts and bolts and locking washers, do what you need to do but make sure they're solid. This usually solves the ground loop most of the time. You can also check into buying a grounding kit, but thats a bit overboard. Alternatively you can just beef up your engine / alternator grounding strap to the chassis, then another one from the chassis to the -12v on the battery.

Nope all Wires are are connected to the correct ones between the Pioneer & Adapter Harness.

Like I said, EVERYTHING was working fine until I plugged in the Nav & Radio Antenna's, and iPod Cable. Then the Alt. Whine and such started happening. Now it won't go away.

Amp Ground is perfect, nothing loose, scraped down to bare Metal. I've been Installing for 10 Years now, and have NEVER had so many problems with 1 Car.

I've done Nissan's before too, just this one is a HUGE P.I.T.A.