AVIC411.com

Bluetooth randomly ringing?

I really didnt notice until I took a road trip to San Diego, and quite frequently the sound would mute and the phone would ring then quickly "disconnect". I live in Phoenix and it has only happened a few times here. I have Sprint service with a Samsung a900 "Blade" Has anyone else experienced this in heavy metro areas, or could it be the phone? Thanks Nathan
  • 2 weeks later...
I have the exact same phone and I frequently have the same problem.. maybe it's our phone?

I also have a problem with the Blade phone frequently getting de-paired from the stereo.. and if I exit the car while still on the phone, the next time I get back in the car the system goes back into call mode and mutes the audio, but won't let me hang up by touching the icon on the screen.

I have to place a call to my voicemail or something really quickly from my phone just to get it to start working again correctly whenever I get one of these phantom calls or similar problems..
I have a different phone, but maybe I can shed some light on what you could be experiancing. What you could be seeing is a problem with the the way Bluetooth has been implimented on your phone. With my phone, it exhibited itself as an audio beep over the Bluetooth connection every time the phone experianced a temporary loss of signal.

Most cell phones loose signal at various times durring the day, but we don't usually notice because the phone doesn't draw our attention to it. In my case, the beeping heard over the Bluetooth connection is probably intended to inform the user that the phone has lost signal and can't make/receive calls. This might have been implimented to give the user some kind of audio que since the user may not be able to look at the phone display when using Bluetooth to see there is no signal.

I've found this beep to be very annoying when I use a Bluetooth headset, and there is aparently no way to disable it. My friends who use the same Bluetooth setup I have, but different phones, don't seem to have this issue. It is restricted to my phone. I've asked my carrier about it, but they just point to the phone as the source of the problem.

In the end, I guess what I'm saying is the issue you're having could be related to a "feature" of the Bluetooth integration on your phone. Changing to a different type of handset could be the only way to solve the problem.
  • 2 months later...
The problem you are experiencing is related to the a900 (and possibly other samsung phones.) You need to update the firmware on your phone to ZB12 or later (you can upgrade those phones to the a900M with a firmware update as well and get themes.) You can reproduce the problem as well. Make sure you are in a "EVDO" area. Turn "roaming" off on your phone. Turn it back on. RING!!!

Sprint has unfortunately removed the ability to update to ZB12 via their over-the-air updates. You have to go to a sprint store for the update. In addition many stores are not equipped for the update and most employees have no idea what you are talking about.

The ZB12 firmware also takes care of other odd bluetooth issues like pairing problems. There were early rumors that this firmware drained the battery quicker but I don't know if they were ever substantiated.

If you want to update to the a900m firmware send me a PM and I'll see if I can get the files and instructions to you. Please note though that if you make a mistake you can brick your phone.