AVIC411.com

Which resistor for F-150 Audiophile sub?

I feel like I'm repeating myself. Just explained this in another thread.

The factory amps have no adjustable gain control.

Every factory ford amp I have come across in the last few years has been hard wired for a 2v preamp signal. That's what the factory head units output (around 1.6v is what I've actually measured). If you haven't noticed, there isn't a whole lot of variety in the head units.

You can adjust the sub out level from the AVIC, but there is only so much adjustment, especially at higher volumes. In my experience a 4v source will drive the factory amp to max output pretty low in the volume range. The simple fact is, those amps are cheap. They have crap for bult in protection and zero regulation. When they clip, they clip hard, and don't stop until you back off the volume. If you don't pick up on it right away, you can easily blow the sub (which are also not great).

Now, granted, I haven't seen all the ford amp/speaker setups, but I have seen a few. Hell, it may work just fine for you, depending on your listening habits. If you already have the unit, try it out. Just be sure to try it out for a little while at what you would consider your maximum listening volume and pay close attention to that sub. You probably won't be able to miss it if it starts popping.

Also, if you are looking at making the install quite a bit easier, I highly recommend getting your hands on a PAC canbus wiring harness for your ford if you have a canbus equipped f150.

Saves a lot of wiring/splicing and time. And no, I don't sell them or work for them, they just make it so much easier, and I hate cutting factory wires.

i used a 1k ohm resistor on my 07 stang. i also have the shaker 500 system with the 2 factory amps (1 for each door sub). i have the 90bt hooked up to them and the subs sounds a heck of a lot better with the 4v preouts as opposed to the 2v on the d3.

i have my loudness setting on low and the sub level on 0 . i also have a 4 channel amp for the door and rear deck speakers. no issues with the amps...yet anyways. but no distortion or clipping.