AVIC411.com

new z2 owner!

Due to an thief, im now a proud owner of a z2 in an 01 f150 lariat supercrew. I have to say, thank you everyone for the plethora of knowledge and information here. Basically, a little searching and i found all of the answers i needed.

Installation wasnt too bad, just quite a bit of trimming and cleaning up afterwards. I didnt use any installation kit, rather i measured and bolted the unit directly to the black surrounding frame. I felt that this would give me some additional safety since its going to be a huge pain to remove and i highly doubt some punk thief could have enough strength to rip the whole dash out. As for the antennas for gps and Sirius as well as the tuner, i placed those in the oval on the dash. Quite simple and the provided magnetic sticker deal helped with that. Kind of nice and relatively stealthy.

But, I havent bypassed it yet or done the wire mod so i will unfortunately have to pull it back out soon. Thats ok since I believe its absolutely worth it. I also havent hooked up the VSS wire not because the information isnt available since it most definately is though. Instead i just dont know where my PCM is lol.

All in all, my last unit was an older Clarion flip up i have had for about 3 years, i think the VRX935VD. There is absolutely no comparison!!! I have 2 sets of 5x7 diamond component coaxials in the doors running off the HU and they sound so much better in all ranges. Also, i have two 10w3v2 subs pushed by an 500/1 JL amp which sounded ok before but great job pioneer! Radio, DVD's, any source sounds much better than it ever did.

Hopefully ill be able to contribute here somehow, this site and all of the information on here truly made this an easy installation. Well that and i want to do the mod asap as well as play with some backgrounds etc :P Maybe tomorrow when i figure out the PCM thing...

Thank you! I have to agree with you on the diamonds, they do sound very good. I was going to external amplifiers on them since they just sounded ok off of the clarion HU amp, but now im not even going to spend the time lol. Well that and i have limited space since the sub box is underneath the back seat, sub amp behind the rear seat in the little compartment that is there. That said, i really dont have much space though im sure i could put in another amp relatively easily. Maybe im just being lazy?