AVIC411.com

New Avic-D3 owner, and I already have a question!

First of all, I just had the best deal on the planet on getting my Avic-d3.

I won it on ebay for $327 shipped, brand new. with Ipod cable.

I installed it, bypassed it and I LOVE it!

my question is what is the speed sensor wire? can someone fully define this for me? I would just connect it but I cannot find my speed sensor wire in my car (2006 scion tC)

pics tomorrow THANKS!

The speed sensor wire basically helps keep your nav unit accurate by telling it how fast your car is going. It is most beneficial if you drive somewhere where the GPX signal is weak or nonexistant, like through a tunnel or in the woods. You do not have to hook it up, and the D3's nav will usually work good without it. But it wouldn't hurt to hook it up anyway.

There are 3 places you can find your speed sensor wire (VSS wire)...

1 - The climate control harness - Orange Wire - Pin 18 on Top

2 - The radio harness - Yellow Wire - Pin 3

3 - At the ECU/Computer - Purple Wire - Pin 17 - 2nd Plug From Top

• 2 weeks later...

well you might find yourself next to a mcdonalds and it'll tell you to drive 40 miles to get to one LOL (just keep that in mind) Dont get me wrong I like my D3, but you should know it's limitations :)

For example the 1st trip I took with my D3 I was low on gas at one point (now granted I was in the middle of nowhere) but the D3 said the next gas station was quite a good ways away. I passed 3 or 4 gas stations on my way to the one that it told me was the "closest". I didnt stop at any of them because I was on a highway and I didnt know they were there until I had passed them.

Also sometimes it takes me on some really wierd roads to get to places that just dont seem to make any sense. For instance it took me through a neighborhood only get back on the main road (on the other side of the neighborhood) that I turned off of to get into the neighborhood

On the plus side though I thought for giggles Id let it give me directions to a place that I had been to 2 or 3 times before and knew myself how to get there. It was about 45-55 min drive. The D3 found me a way there that was about 10-15 minutes shorter. :)

You'll get used to it.

Heres a link I found to your manual

http://www.scionlife.com/tech/electrica ... l_tc06.zip

From what I can see in there the yellow wire on the radio connector seems like the best option. Should be right there on the plug closest to the passengers side (looks that way in the manual anyways Ive never been under the dash of a tC)

Good luck!!