AVIC411.com

F900BT Anti-Theft/Password Needed Frequently-Bad Unit

Anyone else set up the anti-theft password and having to enter it daily? I thought I was doing myself a favor and giving a potential criminal a hard time. According to the manual page 153, it should only need to be entered after the (battery) back-up wire is cut or the reset button is pushed. Mine has now been installed for 5 days. It was shipped with the current update. Each morning I have had to enter the password. Today it rebooted itself after 10 minutes of driving and needed the password, and after working 9 hours, it needed the password again. Doesn't happen on short trips jumping in and out of the car. Actually spoke to Pionner install "support". First told me the password needed to be entered after each time I put the car in reverse (because he read the manual that said "back-up wire"), he backed up on that answer pretty quick when I pressed him about how unrealistic that was. He put me on hold, and came back to ask if the station presets cleared out, I said NO, never did (except after resetting when the screen froze and disconnecting radio to fix dash kit). He said unit is faulty and should be returned to place of purhcase. I have turned off the feature for now. Had to reset a total of 2 times for freezing. Waiting to see other bugs.

No wiring problems at all. As Pioneer and the manual stated, if the yellow wire was disconnected, the station presets would be gone along with a few other settings. Also had DVD/CD eject on its own, once while using it, once while listening to radio and shutting off car. Had all buttons freeze again but fixed itself after ejecting disc and reinserting. Bluetooth disconnects after a few seconds on a call. Has annoying static noise when poweringoff. Too many small issues. Would gladly work around or ignore the problems if not so consistent. Sending back Friday, 1 week old.

• 5 weeks later...

Mine seems to be doing this too. I'm going to call the installer on Monday and see if he can take another look. If it's wired right, ABT is getting a call and this thing is going back.

The thieves who stole my D3 got busted and they have recovered the unit so there's a chance I can just get my original D3 back in one piece. I'm strongly considering going back to the D-series at this point.

• 4 months later...

This is my first post so I'd like to thank everyone for all the info here first. I was able to do the HW/SW bypass so far and will probably get into the software of the unit a bit heavier in the future.

I was having the same issue with the Password on my 97 Santa Fe with the F700BT, Firmware 2.0 and the HD module. I traced it back to the Illum wire. I know it doesn't make much sense, but I think it's a bug in the software. On the Hyundai, you can leave the lights on and they will shut off with the key off. The PW was only requested when I left the lights on when restarting (power to the Illum wire). I was able to duplicate it on demand (lights on, enter PW, lights off, no PW). It also reset certain settings as if it had its power disconnected.

Can someone do me a favor (who has activated the security code) and turn their lights on before turning their key on. I'd like to confirm the same results. For now, I disconnected the Illum wire. Thanks.

George

• 2 months later...

I have an Alfa Romeo 159 and an F900 installed on it. I also have to enter anti-theft pwd every once in a while. Not certain yet about the pattern, but it seems whenever the engine was off for longer than a day or so. It cannot be a problem with the yellow wire - otherwise it would ask for the pwd every time it starts.

Any idea?

• 2 months later...

I have FB900BT "factory installed" in 2009 Scion xB. If you re-start the car while the unit is already in the boot sequence, you get prompted to enter anti-theft password. Same problem occurs if you turn car on - off- on (without starting) before initial boot sequence. Problem is consistent. Radio presets are retained. Toyota/Scion dealer looking into problem. Does anyone think this is a wiring problem? Can anyone reproduce this behaviour?

Problems pairing with Bluetooth too. Even when phone is paired, it drops in and out every couple of minutes. I've been on calls where the unit decides to pair the devices during the call, but does not mute the audio (of the radio). According to Avic-F_compatibility_matrix3.30.pdf, my phone is listed as compatible (Palm 700W).

I hope the dealer addresses the problems. Super annoying to wait 60 seconds for unit to boot. I'm usually off and driving before the boot, only to find out the anti-theft password kicks in. You have to stop the car, go into park and set the parking brake to enter the codes just to turn the unit off! The problems with Bluetooth are especially annoying too. :cry: