AVIC411.com

Cell Mute Wire

Yes , When the wire is grounded the unit is muted so you would need a click on click off button or a toggle sw that can be left in on or off position.Don't buy a constant pressure switch or you'll have to hold it.Then ground one side of switch and connect other to mute wire. Before you go thru that trouble you could try holding the source button in for 1 second to shut the music off then hit it again to turn it back on. It works for me on XM but I don't about CDs if you pick up were you left off or the CD starts from the begining ?
[quote name="jhoglesr"]Yes , When the wire is grounded the unit is muted so you would need a click on click off button or a toggle sw that can be left in on or off position.Don't buy a constant pressure switch or you'll have to hold it.Then ground one side of switch and connect other to mute wire. Before you go thru that trouble you could try holding the source button in for 1 second to shut the music off then hit it again to turn it back on. It works for me on XM but I don't about CDs if you pick up were you left off or the CD starts from the begining ?[/quote]

Thanks! Thats exactly what I was looking for. I'll let you guys know how it turns out when I do it either tomorrow or the next day.