AVIC411.com

Strange issues with my new F900BT.

First off Hi to you all!

I'm reading this forum for quite some time now. After I got my F900BT installed in my Alfa Brera (at my local Alfa-dealer) I thought its time to register here :D

I know of all the issues (well most of them) the unit has. I thought I can live with them. I actually can, but I have some other issues:

Route: Even if I change "Highways" to "NO" it still routes me to Highways?!!

Speed Warnings: I always get those warnings at EXACTLY the speedlimit, no matter what I set the percentage-slider to?!

BT-Mic: The speech-quality is fine, but the volume is very low (my mic is placed on the steeringwheel-riser about 60cm from my mouth and pointing directly at me. Is there any way to raise the volume (except speaking louder) :lol:

Navi Speech: It sounds very synthetical und especially distances are hardly intelligible. Compared to my Navigon unit its outright bad.

CAN Bus Interface: I got the ORIGINAL Pioneer interface for my car and it truly sucks. Only 6 of the 10 buttons from the steeringwheel control are used (no "prev/next Folder", no "Answer Phone"), no Speedpulse. The most disappointig issue.

Btw, I have the EU unit (German to be precise) and its updated to 1900.

Known issues? Anybody having the same probs?

-C