AVIC411.com

f500bt cable

the f500bt works just fine if you will just hook up the power charger to the unit. u can use the headphone jack to connect it to your aux input in the car. the only thing is you cannot use the msn direct. to be able to enjoy all this f500bt features, you should connect the cable that comes with the unit. i am just curious why extra connections like the yellow wire should be connected straight to the battery +. The brake wire and also the reverse wire. Why so many connections while you also need to plug in the power charger. Following every instructions, still problem arises.

I am considering buying the F500BT because I have an Onstar equipped 08 GM Vehicle (Saturn VUE) and I can't really install an in-dash system without totally screwing up the Onstar features (routed through the stock head unit) or having to pay an arm and a leg to re-wire everything to keep my Onstar.

I am planning to get wire this into the head unit with the ND-G500

4-Channel Gateway Audio Integration Amplifier - but want to know if doing so will mean I have to have the parking brake set in order to input a destination/use the navigation features/watch video etc?

Can anyone who has the unit comment on whether or not this is the case? If there is, is there a way around that? I thought since it was ON DASH that it wouldn't have the extraordinarily frustrating feature of having to be in park to do any navigation adjustments on the fly.

Also, if anyone has pictures of their setup, it would be much appreciated. Trying to figure out where to put this thing on my dash.

the f500bt works just fine if you will just hook up the power charger to the unit. u can use the headphone jack to connect it to your aux input in the car. the only thing is you cannot use the msn direct. to be able to enjoy all this f500bt features, you should connect the cable that comes with the unit. i am just curious why extra connections like the yellow wire should be connected straight to the battery +. The brake wire and also the reverse wire. Why so many connections while you also need to plug in the power charger. Following every instructions, still problem arises.

I am considering buying the F500BT because I have an Onstar equipped 08 GM Vehicle (Saturn VUE) and I can't really install an in-dash system without totally screwing up the Onstar features (routed through the stock head unit) or having to pay an arm and a leg to re-wire everything to keep my Onstar.

4-Channel Gateway Audio Integration Amplifier - but want to know if doing so will mean I have to have the parking brake set in order to input a destination/use the navigation features/watch video etc?

Can anyone who has the unit comment on whether or not this is the case? If there is, is there a way around that? I thought since it was ON DASH that it wouldn't have the extraordinarily frustrating feature of having to be in park to do any navigation adjustments on the fly.

Also, if anyone has pictures of their setup, it would be much appreciated. Trying to figure out where to put this thing on my dash.

The 500BT unit, like the rest of them need a bypass mod in order to have access to video or navigation input. Unfortunately, because the wiring connections are different in the 500BT, all the mods for bypass do not apply for this unit.

You could do the software mod and ground the parking brake wire to see if this bypasses the unit. This is the one thing I have not tested.

if you wanted to use the msn direct, you should use the cable that comes with the unit and be sure that all wires are connected right, other wise your unit will give you an error message. If you are not concern about the msn direct, just use the power charger and hook it directly on the side of the f500 and everything will work except for the msn. if the cable is used and connected properly, you can only input an address or destination if you are parked and your foot break must be pressed.

The Bypass is $199 plus whatever deck you choose