AVIC411.com

AVIC-F accuracy without VSS and backup wires hooked up

The accuracy will be OK without them unless you are in an area where there is little or no satellite signal, like in a tunnel or the woods. I'd say go ahead and hook them up if you have access to them. if not, don't. Try it without them and if it's accurate enough for you, (since you are installing it yourself) I'm sure you won't have any trouble pulling the unit out to hook them up.

The bypass will not void the warranty. Since the bypass is done to the wiring harness and not the unit, there is no way for them to know it was bypassed.

The accuracy will be OK without them unless you are in an area where there is little or no satellite signal, like in a tunnel or the woods. I'd say go ahead and hook them up if you have access to them. if not, don't. Try it without them and if it's accurate enough for you, (since you are installing it yourself) I'm sure you won't have any trouble pulling the unit out to hook them up.

The bypass will not void the warranty. Since the bypass is done to the wiring harness and not the unit, there is no way for them to know it was bypassed.

Gotcha. I think she could live without em. I have no idea where the VSS wire is located and I don't want to bother with finding it. Thanks :)