AVIC411.com

F90 vs. D3

I didnt see any threads like this so I thought I would throw this out there. I know this is ultimately a personal preference, but I wanted to get some of the input from some of you guys who have had experience with both units. I can't decide which unit I want, and initially I wanted the new F series because of the better display and HD feature. I went and looked at the F series at Circuit city and was not really impressed. The screen seemed SO small to me! I know that the D3 is barely half an inch bigger, but it seems like a huge difference to me. So besides not having to change navi discs, what is the advantage of this new unit? The discs arent really a big deal for me because I mainly listen to the IPOD, and I dont even own a CD (lol). So let me know why or why not you guys like or dislike these new F series decks. Thanks in advance

I currently have the F90bt in one car and the D3 in another.

I do agree the screen is to small. The D3 was small but as you stated, the F screen is smaller which is going in the wrong direction. I do like the voice control alot on the F. And the screen looks great albeit smaller.

If I had it to do over aagain,and if the deal wasnt as good as it was on the F I bought from a friend who is a Premier dealer, I would just pony up more money for the Z3. I can live without the voice control. And although I am sure there are features on the F that I havent played with yet, I could probably live without them as well if they arent present on the Z series.