AVIC411.com

F500BT Experiences/Problems

Hi All,

Don't see much on this board for this unit and I am strongly considering purchasing one since I can't really mess with my stock head-unit (08 Saturn Vue with Onstar) because I will screw up Onstar functionality and other lighting accessory power features that are routed through the stock head unit.

If you have the F500BT please use this thread to talk about your general issues, concerns, install/usage experiences. If there is already another thread on this topic, (not a specific issue topic for the F500) please feel free to delete this post (forum moderators).

Thanks!

I have had no problems with my unit. Both bluetooth and voice recognition work well for me. Ipod connects and plays with no problems. The only issue I have with the unit is figuring out a bypass for it and the map always facing north up. But this is a common through out all units.

Once I used Vorians settings and got rid of the blue boxes I was much happier. I highly recommend installing his settings. They are more practical and look nicer in the screen.

I do wish there was just one plug to connect the ipod to the unit instead of two. Boot up time is slow and wish it was faster but again, this is common in all units. I think boot up time is about 1 min for me.

if your unit works with no problem, did you already solved the problem about when you start your car and the unit shuts off by it self and needed to turn on manually? If you do, can you share it please. This is the one problem i still cannot solve right now. thanks. what's that vorian's setup btw?

if your unit works with no problem, did you already solved the problem about when you start your car and the unit shuts off by it self and needed to turn on manually? If you do, can you share it please. This is the one problem i still cannot solve right now. thanks. what's that vorian's setup btw?

Oh, crap, I still have that problem. I forgot to post that. Its not really a big deal to me because when I'm in the car I crank it all the way because I am driving it. However, this is an annoying feature. I might call my stereo shop and ask them what they would do.

Vorians mod is the using his Data.zip file. It gets rid of the blue boxes, gives you a bigger clock, provide mph and altitude, etc. More info can be found in this thread. http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 0&start=15

and here is one more, if you dont notice this. once you start your car, the map freezes as if it cannot receive a gps signal. others works tho, the phone, sd, msn. you gonna have to reboot it again. Mine is the same with you like when i switch off the car, then turn it on later, the gps will boot up where it left of, but this is the problem i noticed. sometimes it doesnt happens but happens more of the times and i just reboot the unit over again.

I bought one this past Friday. I went on a 500 mile trip on Sunday and the unit was not that good for navigation. It takes to much effort to figure out. My destination was Dallas. Took at least 2 wrong turns because of the unit not zooming in to detail when you got close to the exit.(Yes, settings were correct) Took at least 1 wrong turn because it could not change the mode to track up. (figured this out when i got home, it has to be in 3D mode to be in track up - not sure why.) Took all these wrong turns because it the volume is too low even when it is turned up all the way. (Both settings)

Don't get me wrong, i have had a Z1 in the past and loved it. This unit is has got a long way to go to be even considered a good nav unit. I am considering taking this thing back. A "Tom Tom" is less expensive but gets the main job done a lot better, the controls are easy to figure out, it doesn't take forever to load, it doesn't change the settings on it own and i hate Tom Toms.

Man; did Pioneer make a big mistake on these units!

mine too. i was driving on the 91w going to work and the unit sensed a traffic along the way and rerouted me automatically. i said this is nice, but it brought me to a closed street. when i bought this thing i thought everything is updated specially the map.