AVIC411.com

Bluetooth troubles

Hi,

I have a strange issue. After turning on the Avic, I can make or receive one call via bluetooth speaker. After I click the red phone icon to disconnect the call, all calls go to my phone instead of the speaker. If I reboot the Avic, I can make one more speakerphone call via bluetooth, then I need to reboot.

It seems the red phone icon terminates my ability to use the speakerphone. Bluetooth is still connected because I can dial from the AVIC, just can hear anything unless I pick up the phone.

Any ideas? I have an LG vx8350 if that makes a difference at all.

Thanks,

Janet

Update. I need to explore the pairing. It's not automatic from my phone. If I click the 'download contacts' prompt that appears on my phone once it connects with the Avic, then the bluetooth works perfectly.

I worked with Pioneer support, but found the solution myself. They seem kinda useless. They wanted me to return the unit for an exchange. Not much of a knowlegebase going on there.

i am having the same issue with my VX8550, i talked to Pioneer and they said that they would forward the problem to engineering then get back to me. well its been 2 weeks and nothing. they originally told me to swap out the unit, which i did, and i had the same problem. I've already tried what you have posted and still nothing!!

any suggestions??

• 2 weeks later...

I found a way to get it to work. I wouldn't think this would be necessary and it's not in the manual, but it does solve the issue. As soon as I see the "Phone connected" message, I flip open my phone and click 'yes' to download the contacts again. Then it all works fine and I can make and receive calls just fine. See if that works for you.

I may play around with it today to see if I can try to pair it again. I wasn't able to originate the pair from the Avic, just from the phone. So I may try to see if the Avic kind find it.

Keep posting if you come up with other details.

Thanks,

Janete