AVIC411.com

So I got TomTom 7 installed and working on F500BT.

Like the post says, this thing runs TomTom 7, however I need some help.

I booted into testmode, switched the USB Protocol to MASS Storage and then connected it to my PC so it acted like a giant Mem card reader.

I sent over the tomtom cab and the ver 7 maps to a 4gb sd card.

I installed off the SD card, I find that moving to mydocs and then installing doesn't have enough room, also make note that like most wince cab files.. the installed deletes it's self when completed.

I used an installer for WinCE 5 VGA, looks crisp and sharp.

Don't ask me for it. don't even ask me the build number or moded version (ex: clean, Black, Blue, etc...tomtom modders out there know what I'm talking about)

At first it won't find maps or voices.. so you need to follow the same steps you would do to fix that, as you would for a phone. (go Google it or xda-developers search or something)

It Involves copying a voices DIR and patching a ..uhm .bif file i think it was. (to avoid launching a browser for map activation)

Iexplore.exe doesn't exist, even though you can get a connection to the net when flipping the USB proto's to ActiveSync, and then "allow device to connect through this computer" under Activesync.

Not going to go into details on that part.

Setup, is simple, just select internal GPS, at default baud rate.

It replaces some of the Blutooth sound dll files in the windows dir, and it may have broken some things but I have backups of the files to play with as it's the same thing that happened to my Ipaq and HTC tilt back in the day.

I am a programmer for a large software corp, and have an arm6 emulator to play with, and I wrote an application for boot up that has two huge buttons with an image on each.

Load Pioneer | Load TomTom.

Here is where I need everyone's help.

After the install and setup is done, and I reboot.

Everything is gone.

It's like WinCE boots some image and unzips itself at boot into ram.

I have reprogrammed wince tablets and other devices such as WYSE winterms.. but this one threw me for a loop..

Should I install everything into the same storage space that the pioneer app exists and write a batch file to rewrite the reg keys?

your feedback and ideas are appreciated, I was thinking about loading some picks and getting this site some face on Digg / Engadget / gizmodo of it in action..

-Chad

• 2 weeks later...

(I use the F700BT)

I copied the tomtom 6 Program Files from my HTC PDA to the the SD card , in the testmode directory

Then I renamed copytool.exe to copytool.old

Then I renamed the tomtom exe to copytool.exe

Then I copied the western_europe map directory to the root of the SD card

The F700BT boots from the SD , and opens copytool.exe . :)

I got a functioning TomTom Navigator on my F700BT :P (only tomtom , no radio , cd , .. )

Now I have to figure out how the menu loads the stock navigation application so I can replace it on the F700BT

(I use the F700BT)

I copied the tomtom 6 Program Files from my HTC PDA to the the SD card , in the testmode directory

Then I renamed copytool.exe to copytool.old

Then I renamed the tomtom exe to copytool.exe

Then I copied the western_europe map directory to the root of the SD card

The F700BT boots from the SD , and opens copytool.exe . :)

I got a functioning TomTom Navigator on my F700BT :P (only tomtom , no radio , cd , .. )

Now I have to figure out how the menu loads the stock navigation application so I can replace it on the F700BT

Thats an awesome idea, I never knew those items where auto exec't I'll confirm this when i get home, then I will post by Dual Boot App for you guys!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Chadodes, just reading this and thinking about the original reasoning...it erases what you put in program files because that is a temp folder that is created when booting into test mode. Flash Drive is where you need to put it if you want to save it and have it not delete on reboot.

If there is not enough room on flash Drive, what you need to do is [while in test mode] click Start, then click Control Panel, then click Memory. Click on the second tab, there should be a slider bar. Moving that to the right will enable more storage space, but less virtual memory that the system can operate more smoothly on. It tells you how much space your using, and how much is allocated to be used. Same for virtual memory. Mine currently is using around 348kb [i think; typing this off memory] and I gave it a little over 1000kb.

But there is a solution if you do not have enough room on Flash Drive to copy all of it. But you may need to reboot after changing that, and re-enter Test Mode and then copy your files over.

Hope that helped somehow. Or maybe you already knew that and I am some newbie. Course I just got my 90bt installed last night and been playing with it all day.

Leetcoder has made huge progress on the Launcher and TomTom but we should use this thread for TomTom questions using the Launcher so TomTom doesnt run over the Launcher questions in that thread which is what i was doing.

coucoucocuou**NA_Repack3_720 maps work**cochochihcc

So here is a link to changing the car icons:

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=125748#125748

For speed cams (add to map folder):

http://www.gps-data-team.com/poi/united_states/safety/

TomTom voices (I dont know how to add them yet):

http://www.gps-data-team.com/pda-gps-na ... /index.php