AVIC411.com

Recommendations on placement of microphone and GPS antenna?

This is for installation on a Honda Element.

I was thinking of placing the microphone on the steering column (want to be able to hide all cables). Also, wasn't sure if the dash would be the best place for the antenna.

If anybody has experience installing on an Element, let me know how it went (did not get an answer on the Element Owners Club site).

Thanks,

-Pablo

I don't have an element but I put my antenna under the dash on top of a metal cross member. This works really well, but my windshield has a lot more slope than that of an element, the dash may be a bit restrictive but give it a try.

I have my mic on my steering column right now but my gf said she has trouble hearing me. Moving the mic closer helped so I think I'm going to try to find a better place for it.

Its different for different cars. I'd recommend experimenting with different locations before mounting permanently.

When I put mine on my steering wheel column it picked up too much background noise, people complained that they couldn't hear me at all. I ran the wire inside molding in the driver's side front door column and then out to my sun visor. It works ok, but my vehicle is a bit noisy on the road. I don't have an element though!

This is for installation on a Honda Element.

I was thinking of placing the microphone on the steering column (want to be able to hide all cables). Also, wasn't sure if the dash would be the best place for the antenna.

If anybody has experience installing on an Element, let me know how it went (did not get an answer on the Element Owners Club site).

Thanks,

-Pablo

I have an Element SC and placed the GPS antenna under dash (in front of the head unit) and the signal is consistently good. I'm sure that if it was mounted on dash or outside it could be better but mine looks awesome and performs well.

I placed the mic in the small opening between guages on the steering directly in front of the driver seat. It works really well. The Element is noisy on the road so you do need to speak up for VR but I really haven't had complaints on any phone calls

I use an iPhone 3G and the bluetooth, ipod audio and video functions works very well. You do need to attach the device to the ipod interface after the Navi is starting up in order to see the picture on videos though. I love the simplicity and integration between the F90BT and the iPhone 3G and I'm sure it will only get better with future software/firmware upgrades on both.

Regards,

Gary