AVIC411.com

just had the install done

2 questions...my z1 was manf in june 06. all the installer had to do was put a switch on the parking brake wires. the question i have is everytime i power the unit on, i get a parking brake disclaimer. is that normal on every power up?
also, when i turn my headlights on, the unit doesnt go into night mode. is this important?
If the z1 doesn't go into night mode, first check to see if the illumination in the connection status screen goes high when you turn on the lights. If it doesn't, then your installer either didn't hook up the illumination wire or it's hooked up to the wrong wire. As for your bypass question, I'll leave that one to ducatiboy, since he'll probably respond and he knows better than I which bypass is need for what manufacture dates.
[quote name="vegash2"]2 questions...my z1 was manf in june 06. all the installer had to do was put a switch on the parking brake wires. the question i have is everytime i power the unit on, i get a parking brake disclaimer. is that normal on every power up?[/quote]

if the parkin brake is engaged while drivin, then yes. to stop this, reset ur z1 by usin the stylus to hit the lil button to the right of the open button. the correct bypass would be to flash ur parkin lights manually on each power up or ducatiboy's circuit.

[quote name="vegash2"]also, when i turn my headlights on, the unit doesnt go into night mode. is this important?[/quote]

wen ur nav screen is up, durin the day the background is white, durin the nite wen headlights r on it'll be black. itz important to use the above bypasses. if it doesn't dim the screen wen the headlights r on, then the illumination wire was not hooked up correctly.
i just checked the connection status of the ill and it says off(even when i turn the lights on). when i flip the swtch that they installed it turns the parking brake status from off to on. i think they left the ill wire disconnected so i wouldnt have to flash, is this correct? if they connect it then will i need the ducati flasher circuit?
so when i reset the unit, will i still get the disclaimer about the parking brake not being connected properly even when the switch is telling the unit that the parking brake is on? i also get another disclaimer stating about using certain features of the unit is not allowed when driving. everytime i power it on i get 2 disclaimers one for the parking brake and one for certain features cant be used during driving.