AVIC411.com

90bt - Ipod and Voice - New Install

All right, so ive got the 90bt up and running.....i am pretty satisfied with it. It does take about 50 sec to become up and running, and about 1:30 before the iphone gets connected. Ive also noticed that for the first few minutes the unit is kinda "laggy" until it gets fully booted up, but after about 3 minutes its running great.

One issue ive had, has happened a few times, is when the system is booting up, and after the iphone connects to the avic, it will lose the ipod connection and unplugging it and re-plugging it in does not seem to work....it will keep telling me the ipod connection has failed. The only fix is to completely shut off the power and re-start, kinda annoying since by the time this has happened the power has been on for about 2 minutes and im already on the road! Anyone else experience this problem??

Also, the voice recogonition works about 50% of the time....im guessing its because ive got over 6000 songs in my ipod and sometimes it has a hard time matching up exactly what ive said with the thousand of options in the ipod.

Also.....IS there ANYWAY to change the TSS voice for voice commands. Ive got Jason for the navigation, but i couldnt find anywhere to change the computer voice for when you are attempting to make a call or change artists......that computerized samantha is extremely annoying when she is telling you she doesn't understand you!

Thanks in advance!

I too am having issue's with connecting the ipod, on the f90bt. I get no audio from it, first of all. However, it takes ages for the VR load on it, preventing me from accessing the rest of the Ipod controls.. as if I actually got volume from the Ipod.

Other then that I love the system, and the Bypass posted here worked just fine.

I too am having issue's with connecting the ipod, on the f90bt. I get no audio from it, first of all. However, it takes ages for the VR load on it, preventing me from accessing the rest of the Ipod controls.. as if I actually got volume from the Ipod.

Other then that I love the system, and the Bypass posted here worked just fine.

Turn VR off in the AV settings, you only need to turn it on when you update your ipod library and want to update the voice commmands.....otherwise it uses the pre-existing library.

Also in your AV settings, make sure that your AV1 source is set to ipod, otherwise it will look like its playing but no sound. When it is installed it defaults to something else other than ipod, and whenever you reset it you have to change the source.